• Amtrak Autumn Express Thread

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by brettj22

What side do you need to sit on to be on the river side northbound? Are there the business class seats in the cafes and are they open?
  by mohawkrailfan

There are so many beautiful little downtowns in Bergen County, perfectly situated along the West Shore. I know it's a long and messy story, but it's still a crying shame that this service was allowed to die.
  by hazmatmess

brettj22 wrote:What side do you need to sit on to be on the river side northbound? Are there the business class seats in the cafes and are they open?
At NY Penn Station, you would want to sit on the platform side (right side) of the train.
  by ryanov

At one time, I bought the last two tickets on the Saturday train.

Has been a nice ride so far (minus the people across from us who may be reading this that saw fit to insult every town we rode through where poor people live and where there were prisons — stay classy, guys). Just passed the Bear Mountain Bridge.
  by hazmatmess

We are south of West Point waiting for a South bound CSX freight.
  by hazmatmess

ryanov wrote:At one time, I bought the last two tickets on the Saturday train.

Has been a nice ride so far (minus the people across from us who may be reading this that saw fit to insult every town we rode through where poor people live and where there were prisons — stay classy, guys). Just passed the Bear Mountain Bridge.
HAHAHAHA I'm in car 2. Wish I heard your commentary. Truth hurts. :P It's been a nice ride so far. Just disappointed at the trip highlist paper. Last year's was nice color heavy duty card stock. Oh well.
  by Old Muley

There is some dude streaming live to you tube riding in the 9800 Conference car.
He seems to be by himself back there.
His commentary is childish, he doesn't even know where the train is, and he has zero sense of geography.
How did HE get the privilege of riding in the 9800 ?

Old Muley
  by ryanov

It’s just rude to trash places where people live, especially if many people that are there would love to live someplace nicer. And it’s not as if Elizabeth has no redeeming qualities anyway. Would rather be there having a nice Italian dinner than spending time with those folks, for example. ;)

The paper was a screwup. Was supposed to be on card stock, in color, I heard an employee say.
  by ryanov

Something I forgot to mention — yes, it’s sold out, but they don’t count seats that have an obstructed view, I don’t think, and they don’t count the cafe seats I don’t think (which is where I’ve sat the whole time on the last two trips). In any case, there is plenty of room to move around.

The logistics guy was saying it’s two Keystone sets, minus one of the cab cars, and two cafes and 9800.