• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Matt Johnson

I don't think there's enough track space at Bear to hide them and pretend they never happened, so I hope Amtrak can get the issues sorted out!
  by ApproachMedium

Matt Johnson wrote:I don't think there's enough track space at Bear to hide them and pretend they never happened, so I hope Amtrak can get the issues sorted out!

There is enough track space to hide what we have so far. LOL But again as I have said once and will say it again. There is a very GOOD reason the AEM-7 fleet is NOT being stored in bear, and we are still seeing many units floating around on the daily still.
  by CNJGeep

624 was on protect in NYP tonight
  by Jehochman

Sprinter #602 on train 157 just crapped out 12 miles north of New Rochelle. "Electrical fault" and "engineer is working on it, should be going soon, just need to reset." That was five minutes ago and still sitting here. I'm sure Metro North loves when these things blockade the tracks like this. Power back on as I type this. Already late due to track problems north of Hartford. It was cold this morning so I expected trouble. Brake test. Rolling...

It sounds like the engines' real time status monitoring software needs to be tuned. Kawasaki figured it out with the M8's, so maybe just call them, or Metro North, and buy some consulting.
  by DutchRailnut

12 miles EAST of New Rochelle would it have tripped going though the phase gap at Harrison.
there is no North/South on Northern end of NEC.
  by Jehochman

I'm a Hartford customer so I think of the NEC as North and South and this train originated in Springfield. :-) Yes, it seemed like the Sprinter tripped at the phase gap.

On the return home 925 made New Haven one minute early. It was the only AEM-7 we saw all day. Every other Amtrak Regional we passed was being pulled by Sprinters.
  by Dookie

ACS 626 just went by Paoli. Looked brand new. Haven't seen many ACS on the Main Line since it got really cold.
  by keystonepassenger

I've seen 626 on the Keystone line this week as well.

That's a good call by a previous poster noticing the lack of ACS-64's during the cold snap.
I just thought I was having bad luck that the new engines weren't on my regular trains. but I haven't seen many at all on any trains (or in the station) over the past few weeks.
  by ThirdRail7

That was a test train. The testing has been revamped, starting with the 625. You can look forward to seeing ACS test trains on the Keystone line on Tuesdays in push and pull mode.
  by ACeInTheHole

601 apparently decided that it wanted to take this weekend off, laying down in the CP ELMORA area on todays westbound Pennsyvlanian.. Requiring 619 to come to the rescue. The train arrived in Philadelphia 2' 45" late.
  by Rockingham Racer

acelaphillies wrote:Someone should compile a list of all of Matt's Turboliner allusions. They seems to pop up no matter what we are discussing, haha. Personally I think they are pretty funny. Ok, back to the Sprinters.
Where's the "like" button?
  by ApproachMedium

ACeInTheHole wrote:601 apparently decided that it wanted to take this weekend off, laying down in the CP ELMORA area on todays westbound Pennsyvlanian.. Requiring 619 to come to the rescue. The train arrived in Philadelphia 2' 45" late.
Speed sensor failure. And another disadvantage to these over the HHP and meatballs there is no way to bypass any of the onboard sensors should one fail.
  by ACeInTheHole

ApproachMedium wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:601 apparently decided that it wanted to take this weekend off, laying down in the CP ELMORA area on todays westbound Pennsyvlanian.. Requiring 619 to come to the rescue. The train arrived in Philadelphia 2' 45" late.
Speed sensor failure. And another disadvantage to these over the HHP and meatballs there is no way to bypass any of the onboard sensors should one fail.
Is thete a way thqt sensor bypasses and the like can be added in a future software update?