• Ames Envelope, Somerville

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by rb

Strangely, bales of used ties have been dropped on the siding to Ames Envelope. They're too old to be used on the CR trackage and have only been dropped for the length of that particular siding. I'm not sure if this means anything, but it certainly seems strange.

In addition, the Park St. grade crossing was just resurfaced, though the Ames siding (3rd track) was not paved over. Ames still has 2 doors facing the track.

I doubt the siding would ever be reactivated, but it's a minor possibility.
  by GP40MC1118

The new lumber is for the Tie Job starting April 9th from Swift Interlocking to Ayer. Job will last until mid-July.

D

by rb

Ah, lumber didn't look that new to me...

by MikeB

It's never been explained but in the early 90's there would occasionally be a boxcar or two on the very end of that siding down under the Dane St. bridge. Never saw one lined up with either one of those doors though.