• American Flyer coach at Billerica?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by truman

I dunno, I'm not an expert on varnish by any means, but the windows look wrong to be an American flyer type car.

by jrc520

I'm going by the roof line, and the outline of windows.

by MEC407

Yeah, it looks like the windows aren't original. You can faintly see the outline of where the original windows were.

by truman

Looks like a battered old P-70, which also had round roofs, to me.

by NHN503

I think there is another shot of it on NERAIL.....I can remember seeing one when I was doing the audit....It was labeled as an American Flyer.

by truman

I see what you mean about the windows, and it does look awful light to be a P-70. I thought all the american flyer cars were sold to the LIRR?
Did the photographer get close enough to get any serial numbers off of it?

by jrc520

Thanks! That solves that mystery

by Tadman

Too bad the coach was neglected - it was sharp in GTI colors. I believe it is an Osgood-Bradley product, by then owned by P-S. Ask Gilbert Norman, he's from old-school NH times. Also Noel Weaver might know more.