Railroad Forums 

• Air Conditioning?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#31560  by ABCD

No Offense taken Nick!! We didn't build or specify the units, we just install them and try and make them work.

You guys need to get used to this, because the same Faively junk is going on your new Bi-Levels...

#31582  by nick11a

ABCD wrote:No Offense taken Nick!! We didn't build or specify the units, we just install them and try and make them work.

You guys need to get used to this, because the same Faively junk is going on your new Bi-Levels...
Yeah I realize a lot of non-ALMOST (I really like that!) stuff goes in and a lot of it stinks. I just hope the powers that be specifies to buy and use better stuff in the Comet VIs. They seem to be taking great measures so far to make sure the Comet VIs are solid cars when built. I just hope it keeps up. Have a good ID4!

#31586  by GandyDancer

If you go to Faiveley's website - http://www.faiveley.com - on the home page, there's a picture of a passenger who has apparently passed out from heat exhaustion :D Only in France!

--

How can anyone govern a nation that has two hundred and forty-six different kinds of cheese?

-Charles de Gaulle

#31589  by nick11a

Geez, I guess the French really aren't used to the heat and don't have a lot of air conditioning there. I remember reading that a summer or two or three ago, a LOT of the elderly died because of not having AC. It was one of the hottest summers in France's history.

#31600  by DutchRailnut

well USA is richest country in world if you believe our Fuhrer but why do we have homeless and people on foodstamps etc.
Even an Arab can run out of gas in his car right ??

#31613  by nick11a

GandyDancer wrote:15,000 heat deaths in France last year. We're buying A/C units from them?

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/09/10/Worldandnation/
France_s_heat_death_t.shtml
Wow, I knew it was a lot, but didn't know it was that much! That must have had an impact on their population.

#31619  by thebigc

nick11a wrote:
thebigc wrote:So ALMOST knew these HVAC units were so lousy they figured they'd better allow easy changeouts?!? How thoughtful.
Hey BigC, is that a joke or have you become dislexic? :) If that's a joke, it's pretty funny! (No offence ABCD.)
Thanks Nick! I suspected you'd be the first to figure it out!!

Things are looking up though. Bombardier is building the bi-levels and if they are equivalent to the C4s in QC, it's all good!

#31622  by Irish Chieftain

Some of the best jokes are anagrams... :wink:

#31625  by thebigc

Or acronyms!!

#31635  by nick11a

thebigc wrote:
nick11a wrote:
thebigc wrote:So ALMOST knew these HVAC units were so lousy they figured they'd better allow easy changeouts?!? How thoughtful.
Hey BigC, is that a joke or have you become dislexic? :) If that's a joke, it's pretty funny! (No offence ABCD.)
Thanks Nick! I suspected you'd be the first to figure it out!!

Things are looking up though. Bombardier is building the bi-levels and if they are equivalent to the C4s in QC, it's all good!
Your welcome. I presume you are the author of that joke then. Very clever. Wished I thought of that one!

#31963  by Mark Schweber

There are many types of freon. R12 freon production was banned by the Montreal Protocol in the early nineties. It was replaced by R134a freon for non-hermetic applications like autos and coaches. And it is this freon that is leaking from many Comet5s.
There are many types of refrigerants but not many types of Freon. Freon was a brand name used by Dupont for CFC refrigerants. Like Xerox it became a word used for the product in general. Dupont does not use Freon as a brand name for any of the non CFC refrigerants it now sells.