Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Terminal Proceed

Had it confirmed by Group Travel on the Beacon Line trip.

Was told that among other things they will run the ACMU set to Mt Vernon East on the NH line which they contend has never been done before.

THIS IS THE VERY LAST TIME ANY ACMU SET WILL RUN ON MNRR PROPERTY.

This is all the information I have at this time. I will post more when I receive more. So please - don't email thousands of questions - I don't have the answers yet.

Kevin
Last edited by Terminal Proceed on Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
  by Terrapin Station

Terminal Proceed wrote:Had it confirmed by Group Travel on the Beacon Line trip.

Was told that among other things they will run the ACMU set to Mt Vernon East on the NH line which they contend has never been done before.

THIS IS THE VERY LAST TIME ANY ACMU SET WILL RUN ON MNRR PROPERTY.

This is all the information I have at this time. I will post more when I receive more. So please - don't email thousands of questions - I don't have the answers yet.

Kevin

Thanks for the info. I will definitely try to make this trip.

by Mr Met

how much will the trip cost

by 9C1LT1

Hi Everyone,

I've been told the trip will cost $50. per person and include photo run-by's. I'll be going!!!

-Barry
  by DutchRailnut

METRO-NORTH'S FAREWELL TO THE ACMU FANTRIP: On December 5 MTA Metro-North's "Farewell to the ACMU Trip", will depart New York City's Grand Central Terminal at 9:30 AM. Metro-North's soon to be retired, former New York Central 1100-series MU cars will run on all three of Metro-North's divisions out of GCT, including a rare mileage trip to Mount Vernon East on the New Haven Line. After operating on the New Haven and Harlem Lines (to North White Plains), the train will return to GCT where riders will have time to disembark and buy lunch at any of the many restaurants in and around Grand Central. Then the train will depart for the Hudson Line to Croton-Harmon. Trip includes photo opportunities at Mount Vernon East, Ardsley and Philipse Manor, a runby at Bronxville on the Harlem Line, and will also operate thru Metro-North's new Highbridge Car Appearance Facility on the Hudson Line. Fare includes a commemorative ticket, and an official souvenir brochure. Tickets by reservation only. Fare: $50.00; children under 12 are $25. For tickets and information: Metro-North Group Travel, 420 Lexington Avenue, 9th Fl, New York, NY 10017. Telephone: 212-499-4398, or e-mail [email protected]" (MTA Metro-North Railroad - posted 10/12)

by Mr Met

will MN repaint one of them into the NYC paint scheme or the PC one

by Terminal Proceed

Get a grip - these are headed for the scrap pile - they're not gonna repaint them.

by Otto Vondrak

Mr Met- actually, we were going to keep it a secret from you, but we were planning on painting some up in the LIRR World's Fair paint scheme ("STEEL THRUWAY TO THE FAIR GATEWAY") and sending them back your way. What do you think?

-otot-

ps- repaints will now be the domain of museums and historical groups. JWS isn't around to direct historical repaints anymore.

by 9C1LT1

Hi Everyone,

I ordered my ticket today for the ACMU trip! I Can't wait!!!

Hope to see everyone there,

-Barry

by KFRG

Mr. Met,
I have a beachfront property in Montana I want to sell you...
You will also be able to watch Montana Rail Link DE30AC's pull R-9 subway cars up steep grades on their way to Europe.

by M1 9147

Barry, can you email me at [email protected] to give me your email address please.

by Otto Vondrak

The staff of Railroad.net will be riding this trip- whether or not that encourages ticket sales is yet to be seen.

-otto-

by Robert Paniagua

That's good Otto! Glad the three of you can ride one of the last ACMU coaches before they go to the recycle bin.........

by Nasadowsk

I got my ticket today.

And, what a nice looking ticket it is!

I'm gonna scan it in on my scanner just to have a pic of it :)