Railroad Forums 

• AC Line shows another increase in ridership

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#21118  by TR-00

According to a survey released by the Center for Regional and Business Research, of the Atlantic Cape Community College, ridership is on the rise for the Atlantic City Rail Line.

Arrivals only in Atlantic City were surveyed, as they are every month. The latest figures compares March, 2003 (103,800 arrivals) vs. March, 2004 (109,400 arrivals). This is 5.4% increase.

#21134  by TAMR213

Good to hear. Hope it has an even larger increse for next year.

#21135  by transit383

Interesting considering that the River LINE opened in March. I wonder if that had any affect on these figures.

#21139  by TR-00

I don't know...maybe we should check PATCO's ridership, since that is the only practical way for those 4,000 plus additional riders to get to the AC line.

#21154  by nick11a

TR, out of curiosity, did you ever work on the ACL?

#21157  by TR-00

I frequently work AC. Last summer, I worked the AC list for 6 months, the went to a corridor job. I am presently out on medical leave, but when I return, I plan to go back to the AC list.

#21158  by nick11a

Well, the corridor won't be the same without you. Your NJCL train past me several times last year in Secaucus while waiting for my NEC train. I didn't start jumping up and down waving like a lunatic though because you'd think that I'm crazy. And you'd be right.

I can see it now. Me at Secaucus jumping up and down next to Track B screaming "HEY TR. IT'S ME! NICK11A!" :D

#21164  by Mudvalve

I can see it now. Me at Secaucus jumping up and down next to Track B screaming "HEY TR. IT'S ME! NICK11A!"
Would that be considered suspicious activity by law enforcment? :D

#21165  by nick11a

^Probably. The good thing though is that this took place in Secaucus and as a result, no one was there to report it! :)

#21176  by TR-00

Nah, we're used to having passengers cheer when our trains finally arrive. :P

#21188  by nick11a

TR-00 wrote:Nah, we're used to having passengers cheer when our trains finally arrive. :P
Haha. And bewarned: the next post you make will make you a contributor!

#21207  by TAMR213

Man... I wanna be a contributor... *I'm not worthy!* *grovels to TR* :wink: :P

#21214  by nick11a

TAMR213 wrote:Man... I wanna be a contributor... *I'm not worthy!* *grovels to TR* :wink: :P
Your day is coming, Danielson.

#21447  by jdelgrosso

Wait, so, how many people are riding the ac line a day now according to survey?

I recently contributed the that raise in passengers!!!

#21464  by TAMR213

I figure approximetly 3,529?