• A Tale of three trains...

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA1

While riding the E Line home tonight from the Mall my train came upon a disabled 3681 just after Symphony. My car 3715 was brought in to boost 3681 with apperently a jump start. (From what I could see 3681 had lost all power, air, electric, ect.) The idea of a jump start didn't work, which led to the idea of using 3715 to push 3681 up the incline. The car made it about half way up the incline when it stopped moving and threw on its track brake. After several failed attempts of resetting the train, car 3716 was brought in to help 3715 push 3681 up the hill. The operator and inspector on site decided to put 3715 in reverse and have 3716 push forward. This was succesful in getting 3681 up the hill. In all the procedure took about 35 minutes to complete.

Note to the moderators: If there is a specific category for this feel free to move it.

-Scott

by Robert Paniagua

Oh brother, that must have been an oddysey for you... I wonder if you got home late because of this mess
  by Cosmo

* Obviously the lead car emerged from the Milk Street Shuttle in front of another train and the resulting EMP was too much for the electronics! Of course this was never a problem with the "pre-silicon-chip" PCC's!
-Cosmo

*Note: This answer will only make sense to those who've read "A Subway Named Mobius," a short SF story from many yrs ago involving trolleys and other dimentions. Required reading for all on this forum! If you haven't read it, PUT DOWN YOUR X-BOXES and GET BUSY!

by MBTA1

Quite an Oddysey. I got on the train at Gov't at about 7:07, by 7:20 we reached Symphony. With all of the mess we reached Northeastern at 7:55. They kicked us all off and we had to take the 39. I reached Riverway (my stop) at about 8:15.

I was originally going to stop and get Ice Cream at JP Licks but this ordeal changed my mind.