• 1960 BUDD CARS AT THE BRIDGE ST.YARD: THE 70s REVISITED?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by MACTRAXX

Guys: today: Feb.10th - I noticed that a train of maybe 6 1960 MFSE Budd cars is falling victim to the taggers. Is this happening there at the Bridge St. yard? Is this the seventies revisited when they were the victims of graffiti vandals? Are they having any graffiti problems W/the new cars? I really hope not-SEPTA does not need more problems! MACTRAXX

by R3 Rider

None of the new cars have been tagged in the manner you describe, but I challenge you to find an M-4 whose windows haven't had someone scratch some graffiti onto them. :(

by jfrey40535

SEPTA probablly doesent care about the M3's since they're being scrapped with a M4 set now being used for trash duty.

DOes that make sense taking a new set and putting it on trash duty?

by Silverliner II

The original M4 contract had a pair of cars to be used for trash and revenue collection. SEPTA eliminated them midway through the project to save a little money, and converted a Budd set for Trash collection by installing ATC in a pair.

Then they changed their minds, and now they are converting a pair of the 1000-series cars to the new trash and revenue cars.

Go figure.

by Frankford5758

The M4 set converted to work service is 1033-1034

Daryl Jackson
[email protected]

by Silverliner II

Frankford5758 wrote:The M4 set converted to work service is 1033-1034
Thanks Daryl. I didn't know which pair.

Although on a personal note, why pick two cars from the middle of the fleet at random? It would have made my roster keeping much easier if they had just taken 1219-1220 from the tail end....LOL!!!

Oh well! *shrugs*

by jfrey40535

No they at least did a good thing and took the oldest of the new cars they had. They at least were most likely the cars that had the most wear and tear and disgusting seats on them.