• working for the MBTA

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by mattster

How would I go about getting a job with the T? I haven't decided to make it my career, but I'd really like to do something part-time while I'm in school up here and I just have no idea what types of positions they offer. The job postings on the website are for people with specific skills who have had years of experience. I'd just like something in an office or at least learn how to do something more hands-on.

Lately I've been thinking about transferring because I ultimately want to work for a transit agency. What would be the best program to get into for that? Civil Engineering?

I'm pretty much ignorant of what one has to do to get a job with the T, or any subway agency, but I figured you guys could give me some insight.

by CSX Conductor

If you are thinking about the commuter rail, go to the MBCR Careers section of their web-site. However, there's really no "part-time" trainmen's jobs on the railroad.