• Will CSX contact me about my job interview?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Hell Gate Fan

I just got back from my medical and strength test, and damn was the strength test hard! The doctor told me that I passed the medical, and to my surprise, they took a urine sample to test for drugs. I was told that they would take a hair sample, guess not. All in all I think I did pretty well on the strength test, but only time will tell. Wish me luck! :-D

by BigMike

Describe the strength test please.

by Hell Gate Fan

Hey,

the strength test is a little misleading. It is all done on a machine that pushes back against you. The harder you push the more resistance it put against you. The first thing you do is ride a bicycle for 5 min. Then you are seated and one leg at a time is strapped to the machine. You are told to extend and retract your leg as fast and as hard as you can. You do 5 reps of this, rest 30 seconds, do 5 more. Then you pedal the bicycle with your hands for 5 min. You are strapped to a seat and one arm at a time is tested. You can't bend your elbow, it must stay locked. You reach down and grab the handle and pull it out in front of you and up until your arm is straight up, then back down, as fast and as hard as you can. 5 reps., rest 30 sec., 5 more and you're done. The operator tells you nothing of the result, another company reads that.

by Chris_S68

I guess the days of simply picking up a knuckle are over with. :wink:

by Hell Gate Fan

Chris_S68 wrote:I guess the days of simply picking up a knuckle are over with. :wink:
Unfortunately so! :(

by Hell Gate Fan

It's been exactly 5 weeks today since I took the strength and medical test. I have not received a letter stating that I did not get the job nor have I received a phone call telling me that I got it. I keep checking the current job postings, and the position I applied for has not been posted back and the status of my application still says "ready to hire". Can anyone please give me adivce on what I should do. Also, what do you guys think the odds of me getting hired are? With the information I provided above. Thanks!

by jz441

Be patient. DO NOT call them or you will be on their "do not hire" list.
No news is good news.

by Hell Gate Fan

I finally received an email with all the information on when I go in for training. Can anyone please give me any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance!