• Why do they announce "east of 308"?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by TAMR213

Hey everyone. I was just listening to my scanner, and all trains going eastbound keep anounceing on the radio to CETC-8 "East of 308" which is the eastbound automatic signal located in Highland Park. Also, when the trains go by, they blow thier horns at the signal. I was just wondering why they were doing this all of a sudden that started yesterday. Are they doing maintainance on it? I would go up there, but, well, that would be trespassing and its raining out.

by Jtgshu

If Im not mistaken yesterday, and it seems like today too, there was a Form D which stated that trains must report themselves clear of Auto signal 308 to CTEC 8, for whatever reason. My guess would they have been having trouble with it or maybe they are doing work on it

BTW, what is the frequency for the NEC? I can't find it.......

by TAMR213

CTEC-7, up through I believe section A is on 161.010. South of 7 its still on 160.920.

by TAMR213

Whats up today? Just turned on my scanner, apparently there is a disabled train at New Brunswick (NJ Rail 3898). Eaither that or thier was an unruly passenger, as they needed a 29, but the cop never showed and the passenger apparently left. The engineering is now trying to get the 2 to go. Also waiting for the next eastbound to go by on 3 (why are they running an eastbound on 3?). There is another train (3864) moving south at this time to County where its going to be looked at by mechanical forces. CTEC-8 is bringing 3864 south to the interlocking, and if they can't "liven it up" thier going to put him in on 5 track. Trains are all stacked up on the NEC around here because of these two trains, but it all seems kind of odd. CTEC-8 is not allowing trains north of I belive County until the train ahead of him reports east of auto 308. NJ Rail X384, just happened to pass reporting "NJ Rail X384 east of automatic 308". Anybody know whats happening out there? Seems like theres some chaos.