• which unit is being used on Falls Road now.

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by NS59

The last several months I have only seen the #1804 working. However, while walking my dog along the canal today I heard a very different sounding horn blowing for Sandpit Rd abound 10AM. Would that have been the #2035?

by SimTrains

For the last few weeks we have been using the 1802, as the turbo blew on the 2035. It was repaired and this past Thursday we began using the 2035 again.

by RailKevin

Maybe that was the sound of the turbo blowing out again. :P

by WNYP431

No, that's the tugboat horn. If it's a pure, gutsy, manly-sounding rumble, you know it's not a "Nathan M-3".

2035's turbo wuz changed, and after some highly technical start-up problems, she's back in service. It is my understanding it is the only operating 600B Turbo in the United States....

...goody.

by Luther Brefo

Last I was in Lockport, the 1804 was parked behind the engine house. This was a few nights back.

by NS59

Yeah, in my haste to post & get to work the other day I flipped the #1804 & #1802. The 1804 is D&D for shipment to Scranton I believe. It was the Falls Road #1802 they had been using for some time.

by Luther Brefo

Recently 1802 was spotted MUe'd with the 2035. I am not sure why but perhaps it was done as a test.

by SimTrains

Perhaps....

by nessman

That picture was taken in Brockport... the freight house is in the foreground, passenger depot in the background with Park Ave in between the two.

by Leo_Ames

What model of locomotive is the 2035? I see no mention of it in the roster thread here or any of the links.

by Luther Brefo

Leo_Ames wrote:What model of locomotive is the 2035? I see no mention of it in the roster thread here or any of the links.
It's an Alco RS-32.

by JKR251

Last edited by JKR251 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by SimTrains

It's an Alco RS-32.