• Where is CSX CP Arsenal?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by gprimr1

I know it's somewhere in Philadelphia, and I suspect its the CP that controls traffic going onto the High Line but I've never been able to find its exact location.
  by wis bang

Just a guess but somewhere around Bridge Street and the Frankfort Arsenal?
  by gprimr1

Untitled.jpg
Here's what I've got. This is a code line control map of the Philadelphia subdivision. The green lines show train paths.

There is one you see "Belmont via CP Aresnial" and one "Belmont via Park Junction"

Since the Trenton and Harrisburg subs are not code line controlled, all I can do is use the information on this map to make predictions about probable paths of trains.

I've found that Park Junction trains may or may not cross the Scykull river in Fairmoutn Park on the wye like structure.

I'm curious if "Via CP Aresnial" is a indicator its going onto the high line.

The Belmont they refer to is inside Fairmont Park?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Farringdon

CP Belmont (milepost QA 1.2 on the Trenton Subdivision) is in Fairmount Park, very close to Exit 341 on I-76 (on the west side of the Schuylkill River).

It is my understanding that if an eastbound train is on that ATCS diagram and it diverged from the Philly Sub at Eastwick (BAK 2.3), it would parallel the NEC to CP Arsenal, at which point it would continue east along the ex-PRR High Line (or it would cross the Schuylkill and head towards Greenwich Yard). Assuming it's continuing east it would run along the High Line, past Zoo, into Fairmount Park and rejoin the Trenton Subdivision at CP Belmont.

Continuing East along the Trenton Sub, a train would have to cross the wye bridge at CP River right under the Route 1 bridge in Fairmount Park near Philadelphia's East Falls neighborhood... unless it diverged at CP River onto NS's Harrisburg Line.

Here is some additional info:
http://www.parailfan.com/csx_trenton_sub.html
  by gprimr1

Thank you. One thing I've suggested to the ATCS people is to try to add some landmarks to the maps to make them easier to understand if you don't have maps.

I've just started rail fanning Philly so trying to learn the lay of the land.

I've noticed it doesn't seem to be too busy.