• Where Have All the Alco's Gone..............

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by park

As a frequent traveler through Binghamton, Utica and Syracuse along with reading the normal psots on the Net, it appears that most of the Alco's have somewhat disappeared. I generally see the #3674 plus another one of two appear but scanning the three yards above over the last month or so, they have generally seemed to gone into hiding. Does anyone have any update on the current status of the fleet? On a second note, on a recent visit to Cohocton, the ex MT M640 still resides outside sitting next to one of the B&H S1's.

park

by Dougster

There are 2 of the big Alco/MLW at Little Ferry this morning.

Doug

by amoreho1

i dont mean to get off subject

why did they buy buy those things?

by pablo

There are many places here where that has been discussed. Check the past messages. See what you find. No one from the NYSW has ever chimed in, but there are some good guesses.

Dave Becker

by Steve F45

i have only seen 3574,3670,3668 the last few months. 3674 i believe it is has actually been running fairly well.

by Railfan4Ever

amoreho1 wrote:i dont mean to get off subject

why did they buy buy those things?
They probably got a good price on them, and I assume they had a power shortage after they lost their 3 B40-8's to P&W.

by n01jd1

Dougster wrote:There are 2 of the big Alco/MLW at Little Ferry this morning.

Doug
Pukesters 3668 and 3670 are sitting on the fuel track at Ridgefield Park.

hi

by thebigham

I saw one yesterday in Binghamton.

by ANDY117

3672, 3674, and I *think* 3666 (couldn't see the number) are in Binghamton now.