• WHAT RAILROAD MAGAZINES DO YOU READ?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by Alcoman

With all the choices out there, what railroad magazines do you read or avoid?
I read on a regular basis; Railpace and Diesel Era. Once an awhile, Trains,Railroad explorer and Railfan.
I avoid contributing and reading Extra 2200 South. They used to a very good publication, but since it was sold, it has not been the same since.
I get alot of information from the web. Trains and Railfan are ok for an special article they may have, but to pay $5.00 a piece or more for magazines ,it gets expensive.

What are your thoughts?

by UPRR engineer

This one aint bad

by pennsy

Hi,

When I get a chance, I head over to Borders, and head to their magazine racks and spend some time reading those magazines that interest me. Usually, I just read them. They carry the usual train magazines, and yes, I am usually not the first one to read them.

by LCJ

UPRR engineer wrote:This one aint bad
I get that one, too.

Also this one:

by charlie6017

I read most all of 'em. Railfan & Railroad, Trains and Classic Trains, TRP, Railpace. Haven't seen Streamliner.............is that available in the Northeast??

by LCJ

Streamliner is only available through the Union Pacific Historical Society, I believe. Go here: http://www.uphs.org/

by mainetrain

Rumorpace for me, as well as any occasional "ALCO" special from someone else

by metman499

Railpace, FD&S, and TRP. Other magazines when they have articles related to my admittedly provincial interests.