• Walthers H10-44/H12-44 switchers

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by graftonterminalrr

I just picked up a Walthers Fairbanks Morse switcher (in Frisco paint) at a flea market for 5 bucks, lol... runs well too! Problem is, the unit's in used condition and had no detail bag of handrails, footboards and cut levers (strangely enough it had the couplers and coupler boxes installed.) Does anyone know where I might be able to find something like that, or would I have to call Walthers customer service and see if they have a spare bag floating around (I did that on a Walthers Jordan spreader I bought once as a sealed kit, was missing its underframe). Failing that, maybe I'd have to fabricate from wire, etc. Does anyone know where I can find a pic of a CNR H12-44 unit?

by jwb1323

I would certainly try Walthers customer service. They replace missing stuff for free; stuff that you broke or lost yourself they replace for $5 handling. Certainly give them a try, I've always been happy with their resolution (I've had a much harder time with Atlas, by the way, and that on stuff missing from new items).

by graftonterminalrr

Okay, I received my parts bag today after a call last Friday (the 18th). Everything there, excellent problem resolution. Thanks!