• waiting for CSX call

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by bukfevr

I took my physical on Feb. 14 and the strength test on Feb. 15. When they made me the job offer, they told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks after taking the physical before they could get all the paperwork done to give me a start date. Today has been 3 working weeks and still no call. I'm getting really anxious here. Anyone know anything about how long this will take? I'm currently unemployed and I'm READY to start work.

by cifn2

take your time and read around here on the other threads.... everyone is anxious to work for the railroad. Just relax if they say 3-4 weeks go for about the end of the 4th week. THey will let you know one way or the other but remember most guys don't get hired the first time they apply. Keep your options open. Good Luck

by Hell Gate Fan

Have you checked the status of your application online?

by bukfevr

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have checked online. I was hired through a hiring session I attended in September before everything went online though. I have already been offered the job. I have taken the physical and strength test. But, CSX said they were swamped because of all the hiring they are doing, and it would take 3 to 4 weeks to process all my info and clear me for a start date. I am just anxious to hear something...it's been 3 weeks today. They told me not to worry if I didn't hear anything from them for 3 to 4 weeks, that when they call they will have my dates set to go to Atlanta for training. I have a phone #, should I give them a call and check my status or just wait it out?? Waiting is pure torture!!

by Hell Gate Fan

Do you have an aim screen name? If so, please pm me with it cause im supposed to go to atlanta as well and was given an approximate date.

by bukfevr

PM sent to you Hell Gate Fan.