Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1196906  by MACTRAXX

Limited-Clear wrote:It has been on 6378, it is not captive to the Paoli side, it is used as another piece of equipment and will turn up on any run the bombers go on, the only place you won't see it is on a Newark run if the engine is 2303.
LC: I will also mention that AEM7 2303 was the locomotive (W end-pulling) of the Friday afternoon 6/28 run of the GVF...
I noticed that this equipment was stored during the day at the Jenkintown Layoff...Since I did not ride the West Trenton
line I was not able to see which cars that this set had until it got Downtown...

I also remember looking at the two P/P trainsets stored on the O track at Fern Rock as I passed by to determine if
2512 was among the cars there...I rode the Lansdale/Doylestown Line during that afternoon...

This could be the start of a "Tracking Car 2512" topic but I feel that occasional sightings posted here in Consists
should be enough...

MACTRAXX
 #1198213  by Limited-Clear

Bomber car 2512 is in Robert yard this weekend, it is in place to do the deadhead to Elwyn, back with 9340, they do a shift in the daytime to Powelton and if nothing changes it will be on 6378 tomorrow night, that puts it on 6325 on Tuesday morning.

Of course all subject to change
 #1203043  by zebrasepta

Forgot to post this but on Friday on my way home I saw a silverliner V wrapped with an beer ad at Wayne Junction Shop
 #1203176  by Limited-Clear

Married pair 451/452 are 2nd and 3rd on a train sitting in Powelton yard, the yard track closest to the road that overlooks the yard (31st St?), these are the new camera cars that took over from 266
 #1203296  by rslitman

zebrasepta wrote:Forgot to post this but on Friday on my way home I saw a silverliner V wrapped with an beer ad at Wayne Junction Shop
On Tuesday, July 16, train 330, which I observed from a distance, was composed of Silverliner V cars, one of which was wrapped in an ad with a yellow color scheme.
 #1203325  by zebrasepta

Matthew Mitchell wrote:I think that's the Snapple car. It was awful, especially inside.
Now that you mention that Snapple car I might have mistakened it as a beer ad because I only saw the glass bottle but the car was yellowish
 #1203458  by Quinn

Matthew Mitchell wrote:I think that's the Snapple car. It was awful, especially inside.

But, it's made from the best stuff on Earth! ;)
 #1203480  by Limited-Clear

I can suffer the torment of windows I can hardly see out of, garish colors inside and all the advertising if it brings Septa some money they desperately need for their capital projects etc
 #1203656  by askclifford

Matthew Mitchell wrote:I'd rather have the Nantucket guys wrap a car. I might end up with a seat on Steamboat Wharf.
"The Juice Guys" is on Straight Wharf :-D
 #1203735  by Matthew Mitchell

askclifford wrote:
Matthew Mitchell wrote:I'd rather have the Nantucket guys wrap a car. I might end up with a seat on Steamboat Wharf.
"The Juice Guys" is on Straight Wharf :-D
Yes indeed. But I tend to ride at the Steamboat Wharf end of the car.
(I could nitpick the label, but it's not a bad representation of Town)

Matt Mitchell
[who has a Nantucket Subway token in his collection]
 #1210811  by rslitman

The first four (of a total of 6) Silverliner IV cars on train 6321 on 8/29/13 were 383-384-385-386.