• The movie "21", always "Express to Davis"

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by concordgirl

Ron Newman wrote:But they could have slapped the T logo on the Los Angeles car, and not had anything to do with the T's property and its filming policy.
Oh, yeah? That's legal? We have issues like that where I work, since we put a lot of images into books. Obviously not exactly like movies but there is a lot of variation. Some vendors don't care, and others will sue you. Or, as we say here when it happens, sue your a** ;-)

You guys are a bad influence. I gotta get back to work ;-)

by jamesinclair

It has plenty to do with the T's filming policy. Maybe you should do some checking before you make completely unsupported statements. From the T's website:
The T does not have exclusive use of the letter T. Here are some non Boston uses in public transit

Also, the map looks pretty accurate.

The only cost saving by the show was in flying. The MBTA probably would have allowed them to film for free.

by mattster

I'm well aware that other cities use similar logos for their public transportation, but those cities aren't claiming to be Boston when they use those logos... are they?

by jamesinclair

mattster wrote:I'm well aware that other cities use similar logos for their public transportation, but those cities aren't claiming to be Boston when they use those logos... are they?
The point being that they could have used a stylized T instead of an M.

by mattster

Because a stylized T on LA subway cars in LA subway stations with names that don't match Boston's subway stations would be believable?

by Stmtrolleyguy

mattster wrote:Because a stylized T on LA subway cars in LA subway stations with names that don't match Boston's subway stations would be believable?
Exactly.
If they did that, this thread would be about how stupid and unbelieveable that looked instead of them just faking being in Boston in the first place.

by Ricky Smith

Except this thread isn't about the X-Files episode it's about 21 :-P Which in 21 they did film on the MBTA.

by mattster

Ricky Smith wrote:Except this thread isn't about the X-Files episode it's about 21 :-P Which in 21 they did film on the MBTA.
In that case, why not continue both discussions in a more appropriate thread? http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29187