• GP40-MC Overhaul

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTAVideoClips

1138 is South Side in revenue service with Cab 1829
  by mbrproductions

So, they finally have a GP40MC running revenue south side, huh?
  by GP40MC1118

Apparently. It was scheduled as a Test Extra on the Stoughton Branch yesterday. Guess it passed the audition!
  by Commuterrail1050

I’m pretty sure 1138 is a 3C and those usually are equipped with traction interlock meaning that they can be leading down south. The other ones are still 2Cs which aren’t comparable with traction interlock is why the other gp40s are up north.
  by Trainboy21

1138 is a GP40MC-3, the C that is in F40PH-3Cs stands for Cummins hep generator.
  by MBTAVideoClips

Does anybody have an idea of how long 1138 will stay south for?
  by mbrproductions

1138 is a GP40MC-3, the C that is in F40PH-3Cs stands for Cummins hep generator.
The F40PH-3Cs have CAT HEP generators, not Cummins, the same applies to the GP40MCs, though the latter did originally have Cummins HEP Gens prior to their Early 2010s rebuild at Norfolk Southern.
Does anybody have an idea of how long 1138 will stay south for?
I don't see any real reason why it would be going north anytime soon.
  by mbrproductions

It is still on the set, its currently running a Needham train
  by MBTAVideoClips

Maybe it will be something like the HSPs. Most of them stay on one side but a couple are scattered about on the other side. Though I haven't seen 1125/1137 south in revenue in quite a while (or maybe 1138 got some tech to run south that they didn't?)
  by OldColony

Fire aboard 1120 this afternoon at North Station, multiple news outlet are reporting. WCVB 5's report.
  by MBTAVideoClips

Friend of mine spotted 1117 in transit back to Boston. Reversed 1054 set towed it and 4 new rotems.
  by Commuterrail1050

Is 1117 rebuilt as a 3C or still a 2C? Must have been the readville extra that brought it up.
  by MBTAVideoClips

GP40MC-3. Same rebuild as 1138 and others