Railroad Forums 

• Union Station in Washington DC

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#235060  by shosmer

I am looking for information about the historic plaques that hang in the West Hall of Union Station in Washington DC. Theses plaques represent historical events that have occurred over the last century in the field of transportation. I believe there are 7 or 8 of theses plaques throughout Union Station. I would like to know if there is anywhere, where I can get pictures of theses plaques possibilty on-line or maybe in a book somewhere. Any help anyone might be able to provide me would be greatly appreciated. :-D :-)

Thank you
Stephen Hosmer.
 #235314  by Sand Box John

"steve34"
I am looking for information about the historic plaques that hang in the West Hall of Union Station in Washington DC. Theses plaques represent historical events that have occurred over the last century in the field of transportation. I believe there are 7 or 8 of theses plaques throughout Union Station. I would like to know if there is anywhere, where I can get pictures of theses plaques possibilty on-line or maybe in a book somewhere. Any help anyone might be able to provide me would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know of any images of those plaques on line, but then I have never done such a search. I will be in Washington this weekend and will take pictures of them and post them in this thread.
 #235343  by shosmer

Thank for offering to do it, I really appreciate it. I will look forward to get the pictures.

Thank you
Steve34

#236620  by Sand Box John

Here are the images;

Standard Time
Full size image suitable for reading.
http://www.chesapeake.net/~cambronj/other/DSC_0268.JPG 603 KB

"Lest We Forget" Service during WW I
http://www.chesapeake.net/~cambronj/other/DSC_0270.JPG 550 KB

Union Station Redevelopment Cooperation
http://www.chesapeake.net/~cambronj/other/DSC_0272.JPG 594 KB
 #236687  by shosmer

I want to say from the bottom of my heart **THANK YOU** **THANK YOU** you don't know how thrilled I was when I opened up the e-mail this morning and saw the photo's which I have been looking for, for months. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you 10,000 times.

They were exactly the plaques that I wanted the photo's of. And thank you for your effort and time that you took to go to Union Station and take theses pictures. You really did a fantastic job.

Again, thank you and I hope you had a wonderful easter.

Stephen Hosmer
[email protected]
 #236710  by Sand Box John

"steve34"
I want to say from the bottom of my heart **THANK YOU** **THANK YOU** you don't know how thrilled I was when I opened up the e-mail this morning and saw the photo's which I have been looking for, for months. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you 10,000 times.

They were exactly the plaques that I wanted the photo's of. And thank you for your effort and time that you took to go to Union Station and take theses pictures. You really did a fantastic job.

Again, thank you and I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

You are quite welcome.

All in all it was a pretty productive day 208 pictures taken.

Here is the $3.5 billion shot of the day