Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

ADL6009
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by ADL6009 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 am

Lol
Last edited by ADL6009 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ADL6009
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by ADL6009 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:52 am

Datenail wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 pm
Someone wrote this a few posts back
Just a heads up, a lot of things that Datenail says are “definitely going to happen” usually don’t happen.
I said its happening and its going to happen. And involve all employees. Details to soon be released as to where and when employees need to punch in. As I said some of the unions plan on refusing to use the time clock which is exactly what the carriers want so that it will end up in court. I would suggest working out something with the carriers to implement this system without leaving yourselves open to a judge to interpret your contract.
I stand by my statement, your track record is abysmal

(Don’t forget, even a broken clock is right twice a day)
Last edited by ADL6009 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ADL6009
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by ADL6009 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:00 am

As a new Transportation Manager if I have to “punch out” does that mean I can then turn off my cell phone and not be available to be called In? What’s the point of punching out as a manager if I’m still “subject to duty”?

Datenail
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by Datenail » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 am

As a new Transportation Manager if I have to “punch out” does that mean I can then turn off my cell phone and not be available to be called In? What’s the point of punching out as a manager if I’m still “subject to duty”?
Congratulations on your new appointment! Now use your ideas and try to make the LIRR Great Again! Youll have more leverage as a manager to make changes than as a field employee. Good luck to you and if I can help in any way simply message me. Whether you're available after punching out are determined by the terms of your management agreement. If you agreed to be available 24/7, than you're available whether you punch out or not. Every employee will punch in and out, including the President. If you like your new management job I wouldn't make too many waves about being available or not.

ADL6009
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by ADL6009 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Even the president has to punch out?? How embarrassing! President of the LIRR is 24/7 365 days a year job. It just goes to show you how beyond help this whole bureaucracy has fallen. How sad.
I wonder if they carry a portable bio metric scanner for him to use while off proprty on business trips? After all how do they know hes actually working if hes not punching in?
I get making the janitor punch in/out, but the president? Lol. I wonder how many CEO's of multi million dollar companies who also keep close track of their employees attendance also have to punch in out. My guess....ZERO. But then again they dont have to appease the general public at every turn

Datenail
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by Datenail » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:23 am

ADL you used the term Janitor. If you want to be successful in management, you're going to have to learn to be more sensitive to a persons feelings. They are no longer called janitors, they are organic containment specialists. Yes, the Presidents of all agencies, the Chairman of the MTA, Board Members and MTA staff all will be using the timeclock in order to lead by example.

Commuter X
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 pm
Location: Stuck on a train somewhere ...

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by Commuter X » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Datenail wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:23 am
ADL you used the term Janitor. If you want to be successful in management, you're going to have to learn to be more sensitive to a persons feelings. They are no longer called janitors, they are organic containment specialists. Yes, the Presidents of all agencies, the Chairman of the MTA, Board Members and MTA staff all will be using the timeclock in order to lead by example.
In keeping with the theme from this thread -- Chairman is now Chair Person

Commuter X

workextra
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by workextra » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:03 am

Keep In mind that chairs have feelings too. So just call them a “person of greater responsibility” so as not to insult the chair.
Chairs need safe spaces

Commuter X
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 pm
Location: Stuck on a train somewhere ...

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by Commuter X » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:26 pm

workextra wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:03 am
Keep In mind that chairs have feelings too. So just call them a “person of greater responsibility” so as not to insult the chair.
Chairs need safe spaces
Sorry -- You have run afoul of the PC police. Person is no longer allowed.
The correct phase is "individual of greater responsibility"

Back to our regularly scheduled programing ....

RearOfSignal
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by RearOfSignal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 am

I’m not going to read through all 4 pages of this thread, so maybe this has been said by someone else already; but here at MNR it has been said multiple times that the biometric clocks will not have any effect on payroll, rather this is an attendance issue making sure that people are present at work when they’re supposed to be.

Also, you do realize many T&E get paid to stay home, right? Ever heard of a G-Day? The railroad has a nasty habit of paying someone 8 hours to stay home instead of paying them 9 or 10 to come to work, then railroad complains about missed revenue.
Hurry up and wait at the signal!

andrewjw
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Biometric Timeclocks are coming

Post by andrewjw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:13 am

RearOfSignal wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 am
I’m not going to read through all 4 pages of this thread, so maybe this has been said by someone else already; but here at MNR it has been said multiple times that the biometric clocks will not have any effect on payroll, rather this is an attendance issue making sure that people are present at work when they’re supposed to be.

Also, you do realize many T&E get paid to stay home, right? Ever heard of a G-Day? The railroad has a nasty habit of paying someone 8 hours to stay home instead of paying them 9 or 10 to come to work, then railroad complains about missed revenue.
Don't worry, nothing of value has happened in this thread.

Return to “Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)”