• CIRCUS TRAIN Information-2017

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Publius Plunkett

It would be a great help if information on the progress of the Circus Train is posted today. At this time, all that I am aware of is, that the LIRR crews are to pick up the train in Harold around 11am. If anyone has a schedule, please share. For now, I think there is a slight delay picking up the engines because the Engineer of the big train is looking for Alkaline water and is concerned about the US Gov't manipulating weather patterns.
  by Liquidcamphor

For today i moved this thread so that it is a sticky and top listed. I think this is the last circus train on long island.
  by Slippy

Pubulius I know the engineer you speak about. That is quite an honor being one of the last engineers to handle that train. I am curious if TRAINS magazine sent out their staff to document this monumental event. He's going to be famous!
  by jtunnel

LIRR power just headed west past my location near Woodsode (towards Harold)
  by Publius Plunkett

He'll probably tour the country and make millions in speaking fees. I wonder what hat he'll wear while speaking?

Thanks JT for the info!
  by Slippy

Pubulius, he will probably make speeches at all the hobby shops and train shows wearing a genuine Borsalino felt hat that he loves.
  by Publius Plunkett

Does it have a propeller on it?
  by jtunnel

Sounds like they just got permission to tie onto the train. How long does it take to do an air test?
  by jtunnel

Eastbound through Elmhurst at 2:10 pm
  by LINYARailfan

Passing through Garden at 2:50pm
  by cam36

For those of you on Instagram. @MTALIRR posted 2 short videos of the Circus Train headed westbound through Jamaica on their story.
  by Backshophoss

Give Amtrak credit for putting the Vets motor(642) on the head end of this circus train move thru NY Penn.
  by Datenail

Thankyou for posting this video. Sounding of the horn in this area is restricted to emergencies only. The engineer will be disciplined and cannot deny sounding the horn unnecessarily.
  by vince

Post by Datenail » Sun May 14, 2017 3:01 pm
Thankyou for posting this video. Sounding of the horn in this area is restricted to emergencies only. The engineer will be disciplined and cannot deny sounding the horn unnecessarily.
Hey Datenail, where do you get your information as this turns out to be not the case at all as witnessed by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMWdriNc4H8#t=97.188662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOL!
Nice job for attempting to throw cold water on what was a historic run on the LIRR in daytime no less.
Thank you LIRR management.
That was a most impressive run by (the first linked video) nice steady camera too! 60 cars! Wow.

regards,
vince