Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by BMT

Want to know if Belt Buckle Bob is still in business.

I need a new LIRR belt (and a friend is looking for one too). Does anyone have an email address for him?

Mucho Thanks in advance.
  by RetiredLIRRConductor

I occasionally see BBB on the property visiting his former co-workers. Next time I see him i will get the information for you :-D

by jg greenwood

OK, I give. What's a LIRR belt?

by M1 9147

Doug the same day you met me at Hofstra for Greenberg with Thurston, BBB was with the engine 35 comittee table. Funny because when I was with Lupo, he came to our table also. Too bad you couldn't interact that day.

by BMT

Neil, thanks for the heads up! Too bad I didn't saunter over to the Twin Forks table later on, but I recall I had some other appointment going on that day and wasn't able to hang around.

Gotta give Joe L. an email "hello."

by jayrmli

I'm sure he's doing business out of his house. He also has buckles for sale at the RMLI Gift Shop in Riverhead. Call them on weekends at 631-727-7920.

Jay

by BMT

Jay, thanks for the tip. I should be out in Riverhead sometime in the next couple of weekends. Also, I should be out there for the annual Riverhead Festival.

To jg greenwood: A LIRR belt has the text "Long Island Railroad Est. 1834" embossed on the belt. IIRC it comes in black or brown and Belt-Buckle Bob also sells a number of LIRR and other railroad related buckles and clothing accessories.

by jg greenwood

BMT wrote:Jay, thanks for the tip. I should be out in Riverhead sometime in the next couple of weekends. Also, I should be out there for the annual Riverhead Festival.

To jg greenwood: A LIRR belt has the text "Long Island Railroad Est. 1834" embossed on the belt. IIRC it comes in black or brown and Belt-Buckle Bob also sells a number of LIRR and other railroad related buckles and clothing accessories.
Thanks BMT! If/when this fellow offers a polo shirt with the dashing commuter dude, please post the particulars. Thanks........

by M1 9147

Doug, can you give me your email address on this page? Thanks

by african amerikan trains

those belts are collecters items for some.

by BMC

He also has e-mail, I f he gives me permission I'll post it here.

by Dave Keller

I've received an answer from Belt Buckle Bob.

Here's his response. I'm not posting this as a solicitation to purchase anything. I'm simply quoting Bob in the interest of the questions asked on this thread.

Dave Keller

"Yes I am still selling the belts and buckles and other RR stuff while supplies last This is the last year I will be doing it as i am moving from Long Island next year
Belts are available in black or brown/tan and made otf leather I know some people have had them for 20+ YEARS ( I now tell people they are good for 20 years or 10 lbs a notch total of 50 lbs for a good laugh)
sized 28-30, 32-36, 38-42, 44-48 and 50-52
they are $25 each expect 50-52 those are $30
I also have tie tac's and buckles The buckles are$12 each and come in a variety backgrounds The tie tac's ae $ 5 each or 5 for $20 . The following emblems are usually available DASHING DAN, LIRR KEYSTONE, M-1 and some other railroad related emblems
I have Dashing Dan sweatshirts $25 each and some t-stirts $15 each or 2 fer 25 The Greenport Scootfrom K LINE trains is still in stock for $250 and the GP 38's 256 and 269 one of each for $400 each and a set of cars for $500 Go to KLINETRAINS..COM for more info on these
Thanks for asking ,
BBB"

[email protected]

by NIMBYkiller

Glad you posted that. Since this is the last year he will be doing this, I may go ahead and buy one. If only I knew this in time for my birthday.
  by Bluegrass

I’m gonna dig this thread up and bring it back to life.

Does anyone know where I can find the embossed leather Long Island Rail Road belts?