Railroad Forums 

• Set of 57 Pictures of very old trains...

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#252681  by huntingforinfo

Hi all, I know absolutely nothing about trains. I found an old group of 57 photos of old trains while sorting through some boxes in my closet. The pictures were given to me by my great-grandmother just before she died, and I am guessing by the wear/quality that they are very old. The first picture in the set is titled "The Race of the Iron Horse and the Horse Car", and the last is a conglomeration of about 100 railway trademarks. This is obviously a set, as all are titled and numbered 1-57. Any information would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

#253218  by W.E.Coyote

Without actually seeing them I'd say it would be hard to identify them. But hold on to them and don't throw them out! If you know any local railfan or RR historical society who collects that kind of stuff bring it to them for advice. Some of it may be pretty valuble, historical-wise.