• UP Training Pay

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SanAntoniostang

powerpro69 wrote:The way I understand it, your a 100% when you promote to conductor in Houston, I know we are at 90% from day one, anyhow, if i ever manage to get the info straight, I'll post it, though I do know not all zones are the same!
Thats true as long as the Union doesn't sell you out on the new contract they are neg. as we speak. The company wants to start all new hires that hire out after june of this year at 80% of pay and give you a 5% raise each year. The company also wants a butt load of other stuff that I hope the union doesn't agree to. Like a freeze on raises and to raise our health care.

by cifn2

ouch that does suck. But good for new hires I guess.

by powerpro69

I'm just worried about getting through training, I'll worry about the details after Derail

by Arizonabay

powerpro69 wrote:
Here is the info on the hand out they gave us the first day, it does say "aproximate amounts"

New Hire Class 3 weeks $132 a day
Switchman/Brakeman OJT $126 a day
Conductor class $140 a day
Conductor OJT $140 a day
RCL Class $154 a day
RCL OJT $154 a day
Last edited by Arizonabay on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

by powerpro69

I just started the New Hire class a few weeks ago and we get $80 a day.
Yeah, they told us that we were lucky to be hired in Houston as afr as that goes :-D

by cifn2

I was told at the hiring session I went to that we would make $140 a day in that area along with getting $28 day for meals, which that we would receive in one lump sum.

by powerpro69

Well I passed my final for the first 3 weeks yesterday, so now I'm off to OJT at Inglewood and my pay's going down by about 5 bucks untill Conductor class in 5 weeks.

by cifn2

best of luck to you..... Congratulations. I didn't qualify on the interview.

by powerpro69

Thanks, like I said, if it's what you want to do, I wouldn't give up, according to what i hear, they are going to be hireing pretty heavily over the next couple of years, as they are expecting lots of old heads to start drawing their retirements.

by cifn2

oh yeah, I intend to.... I am in really no hurry, I thought long and hard the night before the session. I have told everyone that I have talked to it isn't such a bad thing. I am a major player... in my idea anyways in my community for service. I am a volunteer on my time off for storm spotting, rescue squad, and shortly to be reserve police. I enjoy those things, but like one guy said.... "How much do you get paid for these things?, money talks!"