• UP drug test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by carchaser

I've only been able to make a drug testing session for BNSF but when I did they took a hair and urine sample. I currently have a sinus infection and went to the doc and got a prescription. I applied for a job with UP and my status is still being reviewed and the position doesn't close until June 30th. I will take my prescription with me but does UP do hair or urine test or both?

by vf1s

As far as I can tell it is just urine, but that's in the San Francisco area I don't know were you're from and the law there.
I just recived a job offer and I have the drug test,physical and Physical Ability Test(PAT) this Monday.
They do not take a hair sample at the end of the interview like BNSF does,but once again that's what they do in the SF area.
Good luck in getting the job. Hope this answer helps.

by Finch00

chances are you'll pass... if you dont the first thing that testing center usully does is call you and ask if there is a good reason you failed (i.e. prescription) Then they will ask you to prove it and you will, and eveyone is happy :)
  by CSX-COAL HAULER

If you are worried about trying to fool a FRA drug test---don't even bother applying for the job. You will have a hair test for drugs before you are actually hired. And then you will be subject to FRA drug test your whole carear-----any time any place you are at work. If you have to ask about drug test do you really need to be hauling thousands of tons of hazmat thru the backyards of America?????????

by carchaser

I'm not worried about passing the drug test because I know I will. I just asked a simple question.