• UP background check ?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SanAntoniostang

I finally got tired of checking my status for the past week and a half online and it saying the same thing PENDING Medical and or background clearance so I decided to call UP today and see if they could tell me anything. Once I got a hold of someone they pulled up my file and said that I had passed the strength test and the medical exam as well as the drug test and they were waiting on my background check to come back.

My first training date is Apirl 3 and I was wondering if it was safe to go ahead and quit my job and just take all next week off and spend it with the family. Im 23yo and have never been arressted or even sat in the back of a police car. I havent gotten a speeding ticket in over 4 years. On the application I couldnt remember how many tickets ( the most would be about 4 or 5 while in highschool) I had gotten because the majority of them I had my lawyer dismiss so I just put down two to be safe and I pretty much guessed on the dates being that it was so long ago. So do yall guys think im a safe bet on the back ground and have nothing to worry about. The only law ive ever broken is speeding and that was in my younger days and have sence grew out that as you can tell ive been ticket free for over 4 years.

by inkyrail

That's a good question- my training starts on Monday yet it still says the same thing- Pending. What was the number you called?

by SanAntoniostang

Sorry I left the number at my office but I will get it when I go in to work tomorrow morning and post it up. How long has your status been pending if you dont mind saying.

by inkyrail

It has been pending for exactly one week today. Thanks for getting the phone number!

by cifn2

that is what I like on this board. Guys working together for a good cause and sharing good information! :-D

by slchub

When I went through training just over 2 years ago, you could look at the website and see if the background check was still pending. Once you cleared, the status changed on the website to reflect your passing. It was not until about half-way through the second week before I saw mine clear.

Not sure how quickly they are pulling background now with so many new BIT classes going on, but most of the guys who were pulled from class because of the background (2 in my class) were told mid-afternoon on the 4th day I believe.

by inkyrail

slchub wrote:When I went through training just over 2 years ago, you could look at the website and see if the background check was still pending. Once you cleared, the status changed on the website to reflect your passing. It was not until about half-way through the second week before I saw mine clear.
It is the same way now, but with training day after tomorrow, I am really getting anxious. Should I tell my current employer that I am leaving even though I don't know for sure about my test/ check results? I have never had a run in with the law, the only drugs I've taken were prescription and aspirin and such, and the doc said my physical looks fine. Do I have a chance?