• Underlying problems with signals on Chinese HSR

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by kaitoku

SHANGHAI—China celebrated its bullet trains as the home-grown pride of a nation: a rail system faster and more advanced than any other, showcasing superior Chinese technology.
However, China's high-speed rail network was in fact built with imported components—including signaling-system parts designed to prevent train collisions—that local engineers couldn't fully understand, according to a review of corporate documents and interviews with more than a dozen rail executives inside and outside China.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 61372.html

No matter your opinion of the its editorial outlook or R. Murdoch, the WSJ stands above its main stream media rivals in reporting railway related items in a matter of fact and detailed manner.
  by Gilbert B Norman

I've now read the article myself, Mr. Kaitoku, and it seems to me that the kids ordered something on-line, someone forgot the instruction manual, so the kids didn't know how to play with their toys - yet they played anyway.

Finally from having read The Journal for now some fifty years, and The Times for some sixty, I have long since learned to ignore the Journal's comic strips. No, I don't mean Pepper and Salt, I mean the Editorial and Opinion pages. I've had several chances to bail out since Prince Rupert sat down at the Bancroft's Underwood, but have chosen to stay (two year renewal made this past Januaey)