• TTRR Backside in use?????

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by nycrick

Today I crossed the TT on South Ave., near Nasby. By the way snow was missing on the edge of the road you can definitely tell a train had run through it and later I noticed the same thing at the Airport Hwy. crossing. Does anyone know why they are using this part of the RR again?

by mike

Rick,

There a couple of online customers on both sides of the Hill Ave. crossing. One of these is the railroad supply company to the north which either receives gondolas of old ties or supplies full gondolas of new ties and the other is a fair sized lumber yard on the south side of the crossing that occasionally receives a single center-beam car or lumber. With no means of getting onto and off the TT at Nasby, trains run up through Nasby from Gould I do believe to service these customers. North of this railroad supply company, nothing runs.

by matt

These yard jobs tend to work very early in the morning, I often see the gates at Glanzman Road down between 4 and 5 in the morning.

by nycrick

Thanks, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. It's been 3 years since I've seen a train there.