• Train Schedules

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by RavensReef

Does anyone know where I can find train schedules for Bowie, Maryland? I am looking at buying a house that is literally right on train tracks and I would like to find out how often and when trains come by. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much!! email me at [email protected] with any suggestions. :-D
  by lvrr325

The way modern railroads operate for the most part there's no set schedule for them to pass a particular point for all but a very few dedicated trains, and for Amtrak. This is because trains don't always have to do the same switching at the various points along their route, sometimes they can have problems, other days they might have no work at all at a particular spot and keep going. If the rails are shiny and well-polished, you can pretty much expect one at any time, from any direction, they may run in bunches, or you may not see any for several hours.

If you're asking because you want to know if trains will pass late at night and wake you up, assume they will and if that's a problem, I'd suggest looking for another house.
  by just plain craig

Google The Georgia Railfan. They took over the old BUll Sheet schedules.