Railroad Forums 

• Do I stand a chance? at CSX

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#946097  by Jkstasel

Hello, I have been looking at the rail road for sometime now.
I have seen a ton of job posts and know a ton of people apply.
I meet all minimal requirements.
Only one or two items listed in the desired experience.

My question is, Do I have a chance and how should I structure my resume?

I have a great Job history 4 years in one place and almost 7 at my current job.
Im in a deadend field and the rail road has always been on my mind.
 #946119  by charlie6017

Hello and welcome!

I'm going to redirect this to the Employment Forum where most employees hang out, and you should get a good response here. Also, check some of the other threads in this forum, lots of good info on CSX.

Good luck in your prospective employment!

Charlie
CSX Forum Moderator
 #946172  by LawnJockey

you wont know unless you apply... If you feel you meet allot of the criteria for the job posted you are applying you need to make your resume fit that and show that, but the biggest thing of all is safety. Good luck to you, they are all hiring like crazy right now with maybe the exception of UP.
 #946458  by tempguy

We can't accurately speak on behalf of any railroad in terms of qualifying you for a railroad career. This is especially true with the limited amount of information you provided. Even if we knew your complete background, how can we accurately suggest you'll be selected? My advice is apply apply apply. The more you apply, the more likely you will be invited out to a hiring session. Research the qualifications too. If you're applying to be a conductor for example, make sure you're medically and physically fit before applying. You can comb through these forums to see what kind of physical and medical testing is performed with each railroad. If you're willing to relocate, then definitely apply in multiple cities with multiple railroads. That will probably incrase your chances of interviewing dramatically.
 #946461  by gp80mac

Do you have a pulse?

Do you have a clean criminal record?

If you answered yes to the above, then yes, you have a chance.