• MS Train Simulator: LIRR Port Jeff & Mainline route

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Lirr168

Jumpshot, do u have 7285's version? If you do, I unfortunately cannot help you out, though I can offer this advice: double check that you have the appropriate consists for the activites. If I get a copy of his version, I will be able to be more specific. The most likely cause is some bad code; no offense to 7285, but sometimes his code is not the greatest, having an extra space thrown in or something of the sort.

In the meantime, here is the first version of a new CPA20-5 I made:

by alcoc420

No intention to expand the route for a while. I need to go back and make corrections, and add scenery. Route building takes a phenomonal amount of time. I started the Port Jeff branch in January 2001 (or 2002?). I started in Hicksville, and reached port jeff about 3 months later after many nights of laying track til midnight, and then starting again at 6am until I had to go to work. Learning to use the route editor was as hard as could be. I went back and added scenery, and the branch was "finished" about a year later.

After spending more time with my family, home improvements, writing a book on old houses in my town, and attention to my other hobbies (plastic models, ho trucks, watching real railroads, etc etc), I came back to msts in June, 2005 when I got a new computer. The first task was to rebuild track between divide and amott. By August I started expanding the route, and decided to go to KO. In December, before finishing the ronkonkoma branch scenery, I decided on the spur of the moment to lay track to Jamaica. I laid the track very quickly. The scenery is very generic. I really want to go back and refine things before expanding again.

by Long Island 7285

I have no CDs this week at work, and there due in this week i dont want to buy them from a store caus i get them way cheeper at work :wink: it's a win win situation,

I am however re redoing the route with some signals added
and i corrected the prooblem with the Approach Medium causing a 30 code at queens interlocking. there is still a few buggs it will keep you all posted.
Activities run great for me.

I rather hold it get it to work then releise it again then haveing to keep mailing them out. for thoes of you whom have it enjoy it, for thoes waiting just give me time to work out the bugg's.

by Kahlua

The issues Ive had so far are with the factory in Central Islip, at night the texture dosent load... And the Westbury and Carle Place Stations seem to be floating... Other than that I love this route... Two other questions, is it normal for 80mph limits all the way into Jamaica, and I understood that Hempstead trains stopped at Union Hall St. However if I platform there I cant switch over to stop at Hollis, and Queens Village... Or am I missing something?

by Long Island 7285

Alos dont try Snow you'll be sorry hardly any road surface loads causing hell in MSTS. try to keep from night too but if you want night textures find out what building it is and copy the files from "textures/ into textures/Night. Renameing all that are necessary if it calls for renameing.

I have signaled Jamaica and I Have signaled Garden City the Lead to Oystey Bay and installed the signal thats next to nassau tower.

Was there any signals to enter or leave PW and Price?
or on any other sideing?

by benltrain

can somebody please answer my question

is the line on train-sim.com? will it be posted there? can you post it there if not?

email is not safe these days...

is the route payware, or am i missing something?

by alcoc420

Kahlua: Thanks. One platform was a 2 feet too high, 2 were 1 foot too high. The edition I sent was a bare bones rush job from Hicksville to Jamaica. Since then I have studied track diagrams and head end videos, and the best I can tell that as of 1992-3 the switches were arranged so that an eastbound could go from Montauk 2 to Mainline 2, to Mainline 4, to Holban lead 1, to Holban lead 2, and then back to Holban lead 1. The first turnout was just east of Union Hall, and the last was just before going under the Montauk Division bridge. Union Hall seemed to be between Mainline 4 and the Holban leads. Switches laddering the other way began west of Union Hall.
Last edited by alcoc420 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Kahlua

Were all beta testing it, its not complete. He actually sent them to us on CD... Im sure he'll release it once its complete...

by benltrain

thank you very much

i am sure that once the larger train-sim community finds out about this it will be huge news- a lirr route is long overdue?

what lines does it cover? i wish there was an extended NEC to NYP that this route could connect to.

also... if anyone could make some M7s or modernize the route a little bit it would be great

by Long Island 7285

Beltrain

The Route is Fully eletrified NOTE: that the 3rd rail is not vissible because of i put 3rd rail texturs that will make every mile of track have it witch is no good

Iam thingkin of a pain stakeing plan to make a 3rd Rail.S file that resembles the track. but is only a single rail that can be manualy placed on either side of the track makeing a third rail like that will inshure authenticity.

thre are M1/M3s no M7s and do we really need that junk to ruin MSTS :wink:
Lets enjoy the Centurys and the of the "real" LIRR.

I have been adding signals
adjusting activitys
Anamating Crossings to get the lights to flash.
Added Station at East Williston to make running motors to there Possible.

I know many of you want a copy to test, but please be paitent and i will make one that works for all, i have been very busy with studying and have not been able to go 1on1 with the route editor.

Do i want to up load it to Train-Sim.com? Yes. WILL I? NO! it is not ready and incooporates files that are from other pay ware routes so they cannot be uploaded till permission from all is received.

any one interested in a copy email me your mailing USPS adress and i will UPS you a beta Test copy. I ecpect to get Compact Disks "CD-R"
deleiver to my job on monday.
Sorry to the three of you i said i would send it to this week for the delay. Just ran out of materials. costomers first, there paying for their job where yall getting it fo free
:-D

think of it like this- yall going to get a better version.

by alcoc420

Li 168: The C-liner looks good. The windshield shape is so much better than the first ones posted by someone else on Train-sim a few years ago. I like that scheme more than the Tichy. I use the orange and gray C-liner fairly often, and like the cab view. The sounds seem more accurate than the old other FMs. The others sound like Baldwins (at least as they sound to me in southern NJ). Your C-liner sounds like an EMD, and from what I have read, that is what FMs sound like.

by Long Island 7285

Im working on the Signal Scripts trying to get the proper 80 code from Hall East to KO. then i want to try to install Speed restrictions at divide and other curves.

by Otto Vondrak

The MSTS thread is restored.

The C-Liner looks nice, but the lettering looks off. Are you guys looking at photos when you do these models?

-otto-

by Lirr168

Otto Vondrak wrote:The C-Liner looks nice, but the lettering looks off. Are you guys looking at photos when you do these models?

-otto-
Yes, Otto is correct, the lettering was a bit off in that picture. It has since been corrected, and the dynamic brake grids have been removed, as the LIRR units did not have them.

by Paul

In refferance to the locked thread; Just tell me what you need for images and I will take them. I have full access to any part of this machine as I am the person responsable for putting her back into running fassion. It will be a while before I am ready to actually start the prime mover and a little after that to do the load test. Carbody views and cab pictures I can do real soon.