• Time for Chat?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

by Engineer James

Now, Otto, Mike, or any other person to read this thread.

Is there a possibility of CREATING a Chat room, dedicated to Railroad.net?

Just a thought, since some do. :-)

However, i like RR.Net better.

by Reddy Rocker

I don't think that will happen. You could always download any instant messenger service and use that. But I'll wait for Otto or Mike to say the same thing I just did.

by Marty Feldner

This one has been addressed and hashed out before. Not needed.

Don't you have homework to do?

by stilson4283

IDN why you would want a chat. That requires people to be online at the same time to get your questions answered. On RR.net you can post your questions and a lot more people can see your question to answer.

Chris

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah we can use AIM chat rooms instead of this site. Also putting a chat room here can take up alot of bandwidth even with the new server, so no chat room will come here.

by CNJ

I fully support the creation of a live chat section here on railroad.net

I think it could work very well with a little innovation and creative thinking.

Please consider the creation of a chat section here soon!!!!!

by Engineer James

Sorry if I have created a stir.... just thought it would be a nice add....

:-) No offence intended to RR.net at ALL. Its a great site!!

by Otto Vondrak

I dont think we'll be adding a chat function anytime soon.

-otto-

by CNJ

Otto Vondrak wrote:I dont think we'll be adding a chat function anytime soon.

-otto-
That's OK Otto....We're patient people! ;)

Seriously, I think it would be good for this site. I would even like to be considered to help administer/moderate it if you should change your mind in the futute.

Give it some thought anyway.