• The rebirth of CNW F7 411...

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

by doepack

Currently in Metra colors as unit #305 at the IRM, volunteers are cleaning it up before sending it on to WSOR's paint shop in Horicon, WI. For more info and pics...

http://www.irm.org/gallery/cnw411paintproj

by badneighbor

It is going back to green/yellow?

by doepack

That is correct...
  by atlpete

Authentic power for those bi-levels now in their collection I would hope,
how great is that!
IRM is one of the premier rail pres.orgs in the country IMO, consistently amazing.

by Metra 47 607

I am very happy to hear that it will be back in North Western colors. I can't wait to see it. :-D

by SlowFreight

Howdy all,

I posted the same thing over in the METRA forum about these units, but in case some of you don't browse there, I'm reposting here.

I'm trying to build a couple of models of the old 400-series F's, and I've noticed that they had something weird located right where the dynamic brake fan would normally be. I'm trying to find at least one good down-on photo that will show me this detail, but I've had zero luck. Anyone out there think they can help? It's kinda tough modeling an extinct granger road from the high desert of the Southwest....

by doepack

F7 Metra 305 is now in its last days in Metra colors. The unit is now on its way to the paint shop in Horicon WI, where it will be repainted in its original CNW livery as 411. Specific updates also available at the Metra forum...

by Engineer James

To me it looks more like an E8 or E9, than an F7.... it looks to be too long, not to go against what anyone has said..... :-)

by MikeF

Regardless of what it looks like, it's an F7. Actually the WSOR switch list called it a GP9, but that's beside the point.

It's currently sitting in Janesville, Wis., in full C&NW paint. Check the Metra forum for more details.

by CNW5022-A519

Painted Running and looking great.