• Surviving equipment

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by p&w3901

Don't forget the 2 B&M cabooses parked on the side of Route 5 in Deerfield, MA, just south of the E. Deerfield yard

by jscola30

are the RDCs used by the Wilton Scenic RR ex B&M or are they a different vintage?

by MEC407

jscola30 wrote:are the RDCs used by the Wilton Scenic RR ex B&M or are they a different vintage?
I believe those are ex-BCRail.

by jscola30

aha
  by H.F.Malone

B&M Alco RS-3 1508 arrived in New Haven, CT on Thursday 7/21/05. It should be moved up to RMNE in the next few days.

And, in the totals of B&M stuff at RMNE, I overlooked the two B&M milk cars, #1910 and #1920-- one two-door and one four-door. The two-door car is restored and displayed at Thomaston.

by mb41

Interesting to see all the B&M stuff scartered around, glad there is still so much surviving.

I also just realized a rubber tired B&M bus exists right at the museum I belong to, how did I overlook that one.

1949 GMC intercity bus.

by TomNelligan

Speaking of B&M milk cars, don't forget that the rusted remains of one can still be found spotted near the Waltham freight station (now owned by a private business), at the throat of the old public delivery yard just east of the station and on the south side of the active tracks. It's been there for decades.

by b&m 1566

Doesn't the Conway Scenic use a few ex-B&M coaches?
  by H.F.Malone

The steel cars used are CNJ and DL&W.

by Lincoln78

There is a B&M boxcar at the CT Trolley museum in East Windsor. It can be seen from 140.

Still blue, though it is getting rusty.

by mb41

I fogot about the 10 wooden box cars seashore has, hmmm... wonder how many of those are B & M.

by NellsChoo

Two B&M boxcars at West Cambridge, B&M caboose at Greenfield, and a few bits next to the old station in Littleton MA (some being repainted)

by b&m 1566

What about the old box car sitting in Concord, NH. I have been told that it was an ex-B&M but have also been told that its and ex-D&H box car. In any event it now belongs to NEGS and is used for storage. Don't forget about the box car sitting across the tracks from Blue Seal in Bow. I never really checked but that may be one also, though it is more of a tan color than the B&M blue. Does anyone know of these cars?
click on the link, this is the box car in Concord.
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... d_Southern

by Lincoln78

Saw a B & M caboose on the track/siding while driving through Lakeport (Laconia) last weekend.

Didn't notice any rust, though I was neither close nor able to stop. Might have escaped from Meredith.

by Ejen34

Long live the Alcos.... ooops :)

I know... :P