• Street-Running Railroad in Morrisville

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by blueduck577

Can anybody give me any information about the street-running on Delmorr ave in Morrisville? Is this used anymore? If so when do the trains run?
  by ftmprob

AFAIK the line in the street continues down to the Staley Syrup plant which has a high structure that looks like a grain elevator. You can view the plant from Trenton near the Thunder Stadium. I have seen a train on it but have no idea of current use. I would love to get a shot of a train on the street trackage with an Amtrak or Septa train overhead.
  by kevikens

About three months ago I encountered a freight drilling the area of Morrisville you mention. It was about 10: AM on a Sunday and it did go under the NEC stone viaduct over the Delaware. I did get some pictures but when an Amtrak crossed there were only tank cars on the line under the bridge. It returned from Staley about 90 minutes after it entered. I frequently railfan this area for the NEC and this was the only time in years I ever saw anything on this line in the daylight.

by blueduck577

Who operates the trains? What are the symbols? Can I see your pics?
  by kevikens

Blueduck: I do not know the symbols or if this is a Conrail Shared Assets or NS operation. I have no way of scanning pix onto the internet but if you will send me a mailing address I'll send you something. Post it on my e-mail [email protected] Be sure to put something rr in the topic so I don't delete it with the other junk mail.

by railroadcarmover

i believe this is CASO territory. Staley receives tank cars and some covered hoppers. Unit trains are run into this facility. Staley is switched by Locomotive Troubleshooters NW3 #159. Also on the property is LTS GE centercab 45 tonner. Fairbanks Morse H12-44 #1845 operated here a few years back as well.
  by ftmprob

I went past there Wednesday. The track looked recently used, not rusted over. Also there were apparent remains of railroad fusees that a crew had apparently put out to direct automobile traffic around the train.
  by trainspot

CSAO does operate a local. I've seen it on a Thurs. afternoon around 4 PM within the past month. It services Staley at least 2 or 3 times per week. Sorry, I don't have a symbol.

by JimBoylan

As shown by the dead fusees, the ConRail train from Morrisville seems to run in the dark. Often, it seems as if the crew reports at 11:00 p.m. and gets onto the street by Midnight. They switch the lumber yard under U.S. Rte. 1 first, which requires lots of fusees and moves at the Pennsylvania Ave. crossing. But, occasionally I have seen them out in the daytime!

by pdtrains

Just looked at this track on google earth. Pretty interesting.

Would like to see pix if anyone catches a train on this track.