• SRNJ Question

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by rushhour

Does the SRNJ have there own website? I have been wondering this for a while now and have come up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

by PVRX

There was a website that was put together for the srnj, by the guy who did eastern rail news. I believe it was www.srnj.com, but it hasn't worked for awhile and it has never been fixed, much like .......

The Pook Valley Rail website is www.jhjr.com

Any specific question your looking for?

by rushhour

I was just curious to see if they had one. Thank you anyway.

Take care

by JJMDiMunno

PVRX wrote:There was a website that was put together for the srnj, by the guy who did eastern rail news. I believe it was www.srnj.com, but it hasn't worked for awhile and it has never been fixed, much like .......

I believe the reason it no longer works is because the actual files were hosted on the Eastern Rail News server...when that server account was closed, so went the site for SRNJ...

by BrianM

JJMDiMunno wrote:
PVRX wrote:There was a website that was put together for the srnj, by the guy who did eastern rail news. I believe it was www.srnj.com, but it hasn't worked for awhile and it has never been fixed, much like .......

I believe the reason it no longer works is because the actual files were hosted on the Eastern Rail News server...when that server account was closed, so went the site for SRNJ...
But, if the SRNJ paid for the domain name and no one will return calls and emails that is a bigger problem. The web site was set-up nice. There was a railfan section with Roster Shots and action shots to be added. Many photos had been sent by PVRX and myself to be upload but it was never done. There was also gonna be a Store Front with many of things to purchase. The SRNJ was working on new shirts for this as well as Calanders and C420 414 coffe mugs. There was also a few other this talked about.

The SRNJ is still trying to get the site back up and running.

Brian

by Elwood

This is unrealated to the original question, but it is an SRNJ question. I read somewhere that the SRNJ acquired the assests of the Shore Fast Line in the earl;y 1990s. I believe it said that included rights to the Cape May branch. What happened to those rights on the Cape May branch, if that was true at all.

Elwood

by BrianM

That is tru the SRNJ did. They ran down there in the beginning but stopped due to no business.

Brian

by JJMDiMunno

BrianM wrote:But, if the SRNJ paid for the domain name and no one will return calls and emails that is a bigger problem. The web site was set-up nice. There was a railfan section with Roster Shots and action shots to be added. Many photos had been sent by PVRX and myself to be upload but it was never done. There was also gonna be a Store Front with many of things to purchase. The SRNJ was working on new shirts for this as well as Calanders and C420 414 coffe mugs. There was also a few other this talked about.

The SRNJ is still trying to get the site back up and running.

Brian
Yes, I had visited the site when it first came out...I especially liked the timetables and such...Tom Duke (an SJRA man) had a few photos on there, which are now on SJRail.com...I'd have given them anything they wanted from me also, but the ERN problem happened and then it was bye-bye for SRNJ.com...

Really, what they could do temporarily is set up the site on a free website host and link the domain name to the free website URL using URL forwarding...most don't know it, but that's actually the way SJRail.com is set up now. I am moving to a hosting plan in the near future due to space and bandwidth constraints, but for a reasonably small site like SRNJ.com, that shouldn't be a problem...it's only a problem for me because I have over 500 photos online plus maps and schedules and stuff and want to add video very soon...can't do that kind of stuff without spending some cash...I've stretched the free deal about as far as it can go...

Not a terrible thing for SRNJ to think about though...

by BrianM

Thanks to an email I received from Mike, I was able to set up a "temp" web page for the SRNJ until srnj.com is up and running again. I am not an expert at this but I do have the ok from the SRNJ to keep moving forward. Please look it over and send me any suggestions that you might have.

http://hometown.aol.com/facedown77/srnj-index.html

Brian

by rushhour

Looks good! I like how it has the rosters on it. You should ask if you can set up a page that talks about when his trains run. Thats what the RBMN has on there website, thats just a suggestion of course. :D

Take care,

by BrianM

Thanks for the idea. That will be coming, I hope this weekend. I just figured out how to add additional pages, I think so expect to see a few more changes. the Roster will have its own page with past units listed as well as units stored. I also want to include a page of just action photo's.

Again, thanks for the idea's keep them coming please.

Brian

by Elwood

Is the Bridge that collapsed on the Vineland line a number of years back restored?

Elwood

by BrianM

The conttract was finally awarded and the work was to start on April 1st but the Pine Land Comission said stop for some reason. I was told today that they are fabricatingt all of the bridge parts now that they need.

Brian

by BrianM

I have updated the operation's section some. I do not have times listed, yet. But it is a little more detailed than before. I hope you enjoy.

Brian