• Spraying EP-5 McGinnis Scheme?

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by atlpete

Anyone have experience applying the McGinnis scheme? Specifcally interested in the EP-5 as delivered with the large NH nose lettering as opposed to the later scheme with smaller letter "herald" (not as nice.)
Interested in best paint match for the Orange-ish Red? I recall Floquil's "Soccony Red" was good match, but I can't find it.
Also application sequence, best color sequence for the three "colors" with regard to masking and coat coverage? Preffered primer? The carbody is brass, with decals by Champ.
Any experience shared will be greatly appreciated. Love 'em in PC black too but that isn't an option this time.
  by Rick Abramson

I've painted Jets in both HO and O scales. I used Accupaint primer, Stencil Black, Stencil White and Socony Red which is actually NH serial #428.
I painted the engine black, then applied the red, then white. There is no problem covering the black.
Its basically 3 hours of intensive masking and 5 minutes of painting!
  by Rick Abramson

Here's a shot of the Jet I painted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.