• Special train on the National Docks Branch??

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by ChrisU

I saw an NYCT GP38-2 pulling 4 or 5 private coaches one of them an M&E coach head past the Liberty Science center around 1:15 pm what was it?
Last edited by ChrisU on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by ns3010

I saw that locomotive yesterday evening from the Turnpike, but couldn't see it well enough to know what it was. Now I do! Thanks!

My best guess would be that they were on their way to either Philly or DC for National Train Day. Perhaps they were going to North Bergen so that they could be put on a SB CSX train.
EDIT: Wait, I just realized that National Train day is two weekends away, not this coming weekend. I guess my idea could still be a possiblity, even though it is a little early for the movements to occur.
  by waldwickrailfan

I was thinking

1)it escaped
2)FRA train
3)last minute power
4)I want to see it
  by wolfboy8171981

Special OCS from Greenville Yard to Howland Hook, Staten Island. Power was GMTX (NYCT)2109 and 3 M&E passenger cars. Most likely PANYNJ personal and politicians. #2109 with a Conrail crew was brought to Oak Island on Tuesday, CSXT 4403 was left at Staten Island on Tuesday. On Wednesday another conrail extra crew ran lite to the Center St Branch to pick up the three M&E pax cars and ran empty to Greenville Yard, via the National Docks. Train left Greenville yard at 6:10pm and arrived Howland Hook, NY at 6:50pm. Using CSXT 4403, GMTX 2109 was left at Howland Hook, The three M&E pax cars were returned empty to Center St by 9:30pm.
  by jhdeasy

wolfboy8171981 wrote:Special OCS from Greenville Yard to Howland Hook, Staten Island. Power was GMTX (NYCT)2109 and 3 M&E passenger cars.
The three passenger cars were OHIO RIVER, BIRKEN and KITCHI GAMMI CLUB.

As for National Train Day 2011, OHIO RIVER and MOUNT VERNON will be on display at Philadelphia 30th Street Station.
  by Trackcar2365

These are two of three units alongside the Turnpike.
Crew member was on the deck when I was headed to Newark Airport.
These were just north of exit 12 on east side of Turnpike. Sat 23 APR

AL
  by Erie Limited

I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to wrestle the 4403 away from the OI-10 :wink:

Rob
  by ChrisU

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
NJTArrow2 wrote:Thats 66Q at Tremley.

Are you sure?
Yes.
  by RailsEast

Gentlemen, no offense, but.....don't argue with the wolf who lines the switches.
It's like tugging on Superman's cape...... :-)
(RIP, Jim Croce)
  by ChrisU

wolfboy8171981 wrote:I didnt notice any NS trains come in with a ICE/DME or CITX units, only CSX K trains...... I must be wrong.
Oh sorry.