• Southern Tier - West of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by blockline4180

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers K4! :-(

I'm just surprised NS hasn't posted any press releases about the Western Tier floodings/washouts on their site yet!
No Force Majeure in effect???
  by K4Pacific

And this is only Wellsburg. Can't get to Owego. 10 washout on Sunbury Main with ten more feet to go. Oneonta under. Geez.
  by K4Pacific

One last at Wellsburg.
  by K4Pacific

An X550 is called for 7:45pm at Buffalo/Frontier, with a CSX shortpool crew to Dewitt. I believe this is an NS detour train. - From the Roadster.
  by poppyl

How long can the AES power station on Cayuga go without coal deliveries? BTW, any news on the Wellsboro and Corning track? I'm thinking that any sand going to Athens will have to be trucked out of Horseheads for a while. Maybe to Wellsboro, too, if the Wellsboro and Corning is OOS.

Poppyl
  by Matt Langworthy

poppyl wrote:How long can the AES power station on Cayuga go without coal deliveries?
Maybe they'll resort to trucks?
  by SteelRail

Observed this morning that the signal cabinet for 223 E/W is only pratially under water now. The signal is illuminated red. The tracks are visible again beyond MP224.
  by K4Pacific

I know it's just south, but still interchange with ST Line.

Athens.
  by poppyl

Wow. I guess that Mother Nature always wins, doesn't she. I'm thinking that the string on the left was loaded and empties on the right.

Poppyl
  by poppyl

You know that it just occurred to me that everything was going along fine on the ST until Wick made his grand swing through the area. It's been all downhill since then. K4 -- maybe the next time he is planning to visit, you guys can politely ask him to visit another part of the system. Just kidding, of course.

Poppyl
  by Matt Langworthy

poppyl wrote:You know that it just occurred to me that everything was going along fine on the ST until Wick made his grand swing through the area. It's been all downhill since then. K4 -- maybe the next time he is planning to visit, you guys can politely ask him to visit another part of the system. Just kidding, of course.

Poppyl
Don't blame Wick! As one of the photographers who stood out in the pouring rain to catch the Pacific Express a month ago, I think running Pennsy E8As on the old EL ROW cursed the Tier. ***end of sarcasm***
  by K4Pacific

Precisely. I better get it off here. Belongs in PA.
  by LRWYENGR18222

K4Pacific wrote:I know it's just south, but still interchange with ST Line.

Athens.
Lehigh Railway in Wyalusing.....They are loaded hoppers on their sides on the new siding finished last fall.