• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by northjerseybuff

What makes you think that blockline? still no hiring and nothing indicates they will be. Almost 2012 and nothing has changed..tick tock..tick tock..me thinks nothing is happening. We would have heard SOMETHING by now
  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:What makes you think that blockline? still no hiring and nothing indicates they will be. Almost 2012 and nothing has changed..tick tock..tick tock..me thinks nothing is happening. We would have heard SOMETHING by now

LOL, okay then....Maybe it won't be until 2020, but i still think it will happen!!

However, this is from another list!

Purely speculative, but I can see a pair of manifest trains along with a pair of stack trains, or a combo...

There will be a need for containers to move to mechanicsville from north jersey ports, and moving them to harrisburg/allentown first could aggravate those lanes.

There will already be new north/south traffic developing once m'ville opens, and that will further congest the sunbury-bingo lane....

I still think that there is a commodity that we are not thinking about that could be in the mix as well...I consider trash a commodity by the way

Again purely speculative, and am basing this on what I'm seeing in the supply chain model in the northeast, always subject to change

Trucking, especially east of chicago is still reeling from new regulations and weather issues, and railroads are currently benefiting."
  by SecaucusJunction

northjerseybuff wrote:What makes you think that blockline? still no hiring and nothing indicates they will be. Almost 2012 and nothing has changed..tick tock..tick tock..me thinks nothing is happening. We would have heard SOMETHING by now

Is NS on a deadline? No one ever said they were fast at what they do.
  by malfunctjct

NS is and has been hiring in Binghamton. If NS has plans for the East end, they are keeping it quiet. Nothing more might be heard about it until NS starts qualifying crews. Thats not going to happen until at least 2012.

We shall see though. The possibilities are endless. Just keep in mind all the problems NS has been having. Look west, that portion of the Tier has been an absolute mess. There are kinks that need to get worked out before they start adding trains. Don't put the knife in the east end yet.
  by K4Pacific

Just a mess out here. Help us Mal...jct. NS is going back to traveling road switchers like back on the CR says. Tying up a single track main. Yikes. Just get ready east end.
  by SecaucusJunction

There is also an awful lot of work going on right now east of BD. I don't know all the details but I'm sure Chief probably does. A lot more than necessary for the current amount of trains on the line.
  by chief

Update, Track gang replacing ties all week between Hankins and Callicoon. The tie train has been unloading ties between Skinners and Nobodys for the last 2 days. Tie train is shut down at Narrowsburg. Will check in am to see if they are working Saturday.
  by chuxter26

East of Harriman........Testing.......Testing...........
  by mainetrain

One..........two..........three.........

this afternoon 1pm, just east of Harriman

by K4Pacific

Nonny Nonny boo boo. Here they come.
  by EMDSD40-2

K4Pacific wrote:Nonny Nonny boo boo. Here they come.
Okay, so I may be ignorant, but is this 12T? And does anyone know the reason for the detour, if that's what it was? I'm not quite sure what to make of the photo and the limited info the three recent posts have given.
  by SecaucusJunction

Unfortunately no. It is local H08 delivering cars to Suffern and Campbell Hall and then turning back to Croxton
  by K4Pacific

However, I just got off the phone with NS sales and it's happening. Happy Thanksgiving. Now you're going ask when and Charlie doesn't even know but he can begin routings.
  by SecaucusJunction

K4,

I guess that is a step in the right direction... does that mean he can now plan specific trains to run over the line since it is fixed? Now the next step would probably be finding people to run them...
  by blockline4180

K4Pacific wrote:However, I just got off the phone with NS sales and it's happening. Happy Thanksgiving. Now you're going ask when and Charlie doesn't even know but he can begin routings.

What's happening?? Who cares when, I would just like to know what trains are slated to be routed this way?? 12T, 30T, etc?