• Small CNJ Museum Exhibit in Feb

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by Railjourner

Just clipped this from my local newspaper. Was on the page of things to do in Feb.

New railroad exhibit, "The Central Railroad in Long Valley," is open from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and by special appointment at the Washington Township Historical Society Museum, 6 Fairview Ave, Long Valley. For information, call (908) 876- 9696.

As a kid I used to live near the High Bridge branch so I'll probably go check it out. I've only seen a couple pics of the train going thru the Valley hopefully they've got a bunch more.
  by Ken W2KB

Railjourner wrote:Just clipped this from my local newspaper. Was on the page of things to do in Feb.

New railroad exhibit, "The Central Railroad in Long Valley," is open from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and by special appointment at the Washington Township Historical Society Museum, 6 Fairview Ave, Long Valley. For information, call (908) 876- 9696.

As a kid I used to live near the High Bridge branch so I'll probably go check it out. I've only seen a couple pics of the train going thru the Valley hopefully they've got a bunch more.
Thanks. Does the article indidate which day(s) the Museum is open? Just down the road from me in Lebanon Township, but a visit would of necessity have to be on a weekend due to work.

The former CNJ Califon station building has a railroad collection as well. It is open the third Sunday of the month (except I think, Jan and Feb) from 1 to 3 p.m.

by Railjourner

I'm sorry I believe it said it was Sundays in February but it might not be a bad idea to call ahead. I've dropped in on the Califon station many times just to see how its holding up but I've never got'n around to being there when its open, one of these days...

by Railjourner

BTW, just noticed your signature Ken. Where do ya keep the Cardinal? I fly every now and then from Alexandria airport (N85). Nice people there.

by Ken W2KB

Railjourner wrote:BTW, just noticed your signature Ken. Where do ya keep the Cardinal? I fly every now and then from Alexandria airport (N85). Nice people there.
It's tied down at N85. :wink: