• Slide Show anyone?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by jjschrader

I'm relatively new to the western PA and NY region. I am wondering if there are any slide shows (traditional or digital) within any photogrpahers or groups of photographers that are in this area? If so, when do they meet? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy J Schrader
Bradford, PA
  by Otto Vondrak

The "Railpace" slide show takes place in the Buffalo area each March... That's the only organized event I know in Western New York...
  by JhnZ33

I don't know if it is too far for you or not, but the L&WV RHS is holding their Second Annual Sentimental Journey Slide Show

The second annual Sentimental Journey slide show will be held Sat., Nov. 6th at the Jenkins Township Hose Company. Slides will start at 9 a.m. sharp. If you missed last year’s event, it is still being talked about. Come out and see some great northeastern railroad photography and support your chapter. Last year's attendees already have a ticket reserved. Please respond by September 24th if you plan to attend this year. After that date all ticket sales are open to the general public.
Plans are still being formulated. Catering will be by Tony's Pizza again. Ticket includes all-day refreshments, donuts, lunch (pizzas, wings, Stromboli and salad) and cake dessert. Tickets are $20. Please see Ed Philbin or Tony Verbyla at a meeting. Or forward payment to Ed Philbin 36 East Cole Street, Pittston, PA, 18640. Make checks payable to L&WVHS - not Ed! You can also contact Ed at 570-954-7981 or [email protected] with any special concerns.
If you did not attend last year you must wait until after Sept. 24th to get a ticket, if there are any left. Last year's event was a sellout, attracting railfans from across PA, NY, NJ and even a few hearty folks from beyond.
Scheduled presenters include chapter members Norm Barret - D&H and O&W, George Gula - Scranton Transit history, Tony Verbyla Sr. – Northeast PA railroads 60’s thru 80’s, and our guest presenters Mike Kohl - Conrail 1992-breakup, Dave Augsburger - CNJ, DH, LV in Wyoming Valley, with more to come. Watch for updates.

JP
  by Aa3rt

Jeremy-There's a large model railroad group centered around Jamestown, NY that includes members from surrounding counties in both New York and Pennsylvania. Check out the link provided and look for the "Allegheny Highlands Division". The contact person is Dave Shaw.

I've attended a few of their meetings in recent years when visiting my father in Warren County, PA, there's usually a good prototype slide show in addition to modeling activities. If this doesn't meet your needs, Dave can probably steer you to someone more local.

http://www.trainweb.org/rmr/contacts.html

PS-If you do contact Dave, tell him I said Hello.