• Sid Meier's Railroads!

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by Barnaby

Has anyone here been playing the new Railroad Tycoon game - 'Sid Meier's Railroads'? I have and I've been enjoying it lots - I was looking for other fans to talk to. If youre a fan too then plz reply below - you might also like this Youtube video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4M6K8sSQpSE

by Wisconsin Railfan

Same here, I have playing it here and there.. when I am not running my train sims, so far I really like it. I played railroad tycoon 3 a lot, and I really like this one better.

by keeper1616

I was playing it on and off all weekend. Its ok. Its quite simple, and from what I've seen, it can be a good game or a bad game, all based on your starting location vs your opponents. I wish there were no starting locations. I mean, why if your goal is to get from NY to Washington would you start in Harrisburg....

by Barnaby

keeper1616 wrote:I was playing it on and off all weekend. Its ok. Its quite simple, and from what I've seen, it can be a good game or a bad game, all based on your starting location vs your opponents. I wish there were no starting locations. I mean, why if your goal is to get from NY to Washington would you start in Harrisburg....
*checks map of the U.S.*

Ah - I can see why that isnt very clever :-D Some of the game's AI isn't that smart, it has to be said