• Serbian Railways

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by Toni

Considering the fact that I accidentally ran into this forum and to see a large number of fans that I think the railroad could not open the topic about the railway in Serbia, where they could open a lot of discussion and exchange of opinions and experiences about this form of traffic in my small country. I usually do on the railway trains of Serbia as a dispatcher, so that all that my profession is concerned the information may, depending on what you are interested.
So to start. Toni
I am sorry for my bad English but I hope to understand me and not to throw up
  by Toni

Here's how it seems position d'trains in Paracin. It is with the older devices with the manufacturer of "Siemens".
The technology is outdated, but there is hope that the change because they have slowly started to incorporate more modern devices for the regulation of traffic.
SSA53208.JPG
SSA53209.JPG
SSA53210.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Sir Ray

Smoking allowed in the workplace - that must be the Balkans!
Those rolls holding graphs w/ various coloured lines - those are charting the locations of various trains across the division (however that is defined) vs. time, correct - the straight segments of various lines marking the times the trains were stationary - at least they look like those charts, which appear in various articles on Model Railroading from time to time.
If not, what are those charts then?
  by Toni

Unfortunately, in the right. Smoking in the workplace are still tolerating, but not long.
The lines on the graph is concerned, are the same trains in 24 hours. Transversal lines represent the station in a particular section of track in a vertical line is determined and divided the 10 min. lines that are transversal cut of the trains (the line is steep, the train goes faster and vice versa).
Do you think of?
  by David Benton

Thank you for the photos Toni , and yes , we would like you to post more info and photos from Serbia .

are those train graphs produced automatically from the track signals . that seems quite sophisticated to me . Here in New Zealand ,i know the train controllers used to do similiar graphs manually by paper and pencil .
  by Toni

Chart in the picture is created when a line drive for the period and our controllers use "real chart" where the record really move all the trains. Otherwise, I worked as a controller of the railway where to telekomanda so if something interests you please feel free to ask.
  by Toni

Here's how it seems that the record chart control
dscn1884.jpg
dscn1885.jpg
Here's view of the wall in the command control center
Detalj sa telekomande.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Toni

The communication between the controller and the engineer
RDV.jpg
  by Sir Ray

On your last image ('communication between controller and engineer') - the 'Telefunken' (at least that's what it seems to say viewed on my monitor), the left side bank of lighted numbers (in the red tubes) - those look like Nixie Tubes, meaning the number is displayed via a glowing wire in a vaccuum tube. If they are nixies, and the Serbian railway is going to replace that console, then make sure you grab those tubes, as you can get a decent amount of money for them :-D ...
This recent surge in demand has caused prices to increase significantly, particularly for large tubes. The largest type known to be in the hands of collectors, the Rodan CD-47/GR-414 (220 mm [8.7 in.] tall)[6], have been sold for hundreds of dollars apiece, but these are extremely rare and only found in a few areas of the world by persistent and fortunate seekers. Prices for other large types displaying digits over 25 mm (1 inch) tall have increased by double, triple or more between 1998 and 2005.
  by Toni

Fair-to the sum, but unfortunately, we have people in the position is still corrupt, so that a nice sum of money to share a few of them between me and ... that's it. :(
  by Sir Ray

Toni wrote:Fair-to the sum, but unfortunately, we have people in the position is still corrupt, so that a nice sum of money to share a few of them between me and ... that's it. :(
I realize that English is probably a second langauge (or third! Possibly Russian or German is your second language), and if I (as a English language speaker) tried to write in Serbian the results would be incoherant and chaotic, but I'm afraid I didn't understand your statement at all - do you mean there are so many corrupt people in the railway service that they'd steal the nixie-tubes first and sell them before you could?
Anyway, hope you read the Thai railroad thread(actually the "The Eastern Line: Kabinburi and Prachantakam" thread, but still Thai railroading), as they use some signal control equipment from the 1920s that makes your Serbian Railway stuff look practically cutting-edge modern. :-D
  by Toni

Otto, you do not have to give thanks ... for all that you are interested in the Serbian Railways, feel free to ask.
Apologies as I have not been on the forum.
  by Toni

Sir Ray wrote:
Toni wrote:Fair-to the sum, but unfortunately, we have people in the position is still corrupt, so that a nice sum of money to share a few of them between me and ... that's it. :(
I realize that English is probably a second langauge (or third! Possibly Russian or German is your second language), and if I (as a English language speaker) tried to write in Serbian the results would be incoherant and chaotic, but I'm afraid I didn't understand your statement at all - do you mean there are so many corrupt people in the railway service that they'd steal the nixie-tubes first and sell them before you could?
Anyway, hope you read the Thai railroad thread(actually the "The Eastern Line: Kabinburi and Prachantakam" thread, but still Thai railroading), as they use some signal control equipment from the 1920s that makes your Serbian Railway stuff look practically cutting-edge modern. :-D
To Sir Ray, I understand you well. Unfortunately, our management is allowing the water to the main word union leaders, and for information on the Serbian Railways has over 20 trade unions. what's next talk?
  by David Benton

Toni , thank you for your photos and posts . it is great to have someone from Serbia here .
To all posting , please lets help with the transalation problems by using clear english , no "sayings" etc that dont translate well .
I presume "allowing the water to the union leaders " means to give them too much power or influence .

Thanks and welcome .