• Scenery on the Santa Fe

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by snowplough

I'm interested in modeling the ATSF, but I'm in love with Appalachian scenery.

So . . . Is there any stretch on the ATSF system map in which you have a fair amount of hills and tunnels, but you don't have the sparse vegetation of the Southwest?

snowplough

by zwsplac

Santa Fe's Line over Raton Pass in Colorado and New Mexico could be your ticket. I know there's at least one tunnel, and it's up in the mountains with steep grades and stuff. You could model the steam era, with large steamers and helpers, or you could do modern day, with light traffic but modern power and AMTRAK.

by Tony T.

How about the Mississippi river valley area? I've not been out that far, but I know just a bit north there are quite a few bluffs and such... just an idea.

TT