• Rock Island caboose

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by caboose9

Hi,

I'm trying to track down steel, wide vision cupola, RI 17057 caboose. It was at Wayerworks Park, Morrison, IL, but it is reported to be gone from that location.

Rumor has it going to Rock Falls, IL. Can anyone confirm the current location of this caboose?

Thanks, Roger
  by caboose9

Hi,

There's a RI caboose reported as "RI #?, steel or wood?, cupola or not?, Lockport or Orland Park?, IL, with other equipment and a miniature railroad".

Does this ring a bell with anyone? It would be nice to get a few answers on this caboose!

Thanks, Roger
  by caboose9

"There's a RI caboose reported as "RI #?, steel or wood?, cupola or not?, Lockport or Orland Park?, IL, with other equipment and a miniature railroad."

The above is actually RI 17869, Jaycee Grove Park, Tinley Park, IL.

Roger
  by caboose9

Hi,

Wood, cupola, outside braced, RI 17786 caboose is reported to be in the IC Glenn Yard.

Who owns this caboose?

Thanks, Roger
  by caboose9

Hi,

RI 17885 caboose is reported as "east of Harvard, IL, possibly owned by Warren Chiesa". I assume it's a steel, cupola, caboose sitting on a panel track.

Does anyone have a better address/location for the car?

Thanks, Roger
  by caboose9

caboose9 wrote, "I'm trying to track down RI 17057 caboose. It was at Waterworks Park, Morrison, IL, and reported as gone to Rock Falls, IL."

route_rock wrote, "The one in Rock Falls came from Bettendorf, IA."

Hi,

The Bettendorf, IA, car was RI 17011 and the Morrison, IL, car was RI 17057.

What is the number on the Rock Falls, IL, car?

Ther's also a Rock Falls, IA, near Mason City, so ...?

Thanks, Roger