• Repeaters?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by butchs38

Does the Susquehanna have any repeaters on the southern division?
I live in Roxbury NJ and can receive the dispatcher good but was hoping to somehow receive the train crews. I was thinking of going to a three element yagi antenna and aiming it toward any repeater or transmitter that is close by. The closes transmitter would be in Sparta but I dont think it is a repeater.

by trainfreak

There are only two transmitters and no repeaters they are located in North Bergen and the other on top of Sparta Mountain in Sparta.

by mb3

I think I saw this on the FCC database several years ago, but the Susquehanna has licenses to operate several transmitters along the Southern Division, e.g. Lawlins Road in Wyckoff, NJ and others. I always thought that they were repeaters- if not, then what are the licenses for?

by Steve F45

when they call for a form d and call dispatcher 48, where is he responding back from? cooperstown?

what other frequencies does nysw have?

by LocoMech

48 is the southern division's night manager. most likely he's in the office in ridgefield park. 47 and 45 are mechanics. 43 is the southern division's day manager. umm lets see i'm almost 84 is a car knocker. thats about it.

by Ken W2KB

mb3 wrote:I think I saw this on the FCC database several years ago, but the Susquehanna has licenses to operate several transmitters along the Southern Division, e.g. Lawlins Road in Wyckoff, NJ and others. I always thought that they were repeaters- if not, then what are the licenses for?
Probably a base station in an office or siome such. Note that the existance of a license does not mean that the actual licensed station exists.

by njt5140

There is another repeater somewhere on Staten Island near AK Draw for back when DO controlled the SIRR. Supposedly it never got turned off and this is why here in the central part of NJ Coop still comes in loud and clear.